Department of Family and Community Services (Australia)
|Formed||21 October 1998|
|Dissolved||27 January 2006|
|Jurisdiction||Commonwealth of Australia|
|Employees||5500 (at June 2000)|
Information about the department's functions and/or government funding allocation could be found in the Administrative Arrangements Orders, the annual Portfolio Budget Statements, the Department's annual reports and on the Department's website.
According to the Administrative Arrangements Order (AAO) made on 21 October 1998, the Department dealt with:
- Income security policies and programs
- Services for people with disabilities and families with children
- Community support services, excluding the Home and Community Care program
- Family relationship services
- Welfare housing
- CA 8615: Department of Family and Community Services, Central Office, National Archives of Australia, retrieved 2 December 2013
- Department of Family and Community Services, Commonwealth Department of Family and Community Services Overview, Department of Family and Community Services, archived from the original on 21 June 2000
- Administrative Arrangements Order issued 21 October 1998 (PDF), National Archives of Australia, 21 October 1998, p. 17, archived from the original (PDF) on 27 April 2013
- Howard, John (18 January 2002). "SENIOR APPOINTMENTS - DEPARTMENTAL SECRETARIES" (Press release). Archived from the original on 10 November 2013.
- Gillard, Julia (21 December 2010). "Departmental Secretaries" (Press release). Archived from the original on 1 January 2014.
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|