|Traded as||NASDAQ: DEPO|
Depomed, Inc. is a U.S. specialty pharmaceutical company, which mainly markets products for treatment in neurology, pain and diseases of the central nervous system. The company is a publicly traded company on NASDAQ under the symbol "DEPO", with several products approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Nucynta ER, Nucynta IR
On January 15, 2015 Depomed announced the acquisition of the Nucynta franchise from Janssen Pharmaceuticals, a Johnson and Johnson company for $1.05 billion in cash. The transaction closed on April 2, 2015, and the products are scheduled to be relaunched in June of 2015 after a major salesforce expansion.
In Jan 2011, the company's product, Gralise once-daily (gabapentin extended release) was approved by the US FDA for the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia, which was the 3rd approval of FDA for Depomed products. The drug has also received Orphan Drug designation from the FDA.
For diabetes and others
In June 2012, all rights to Zipsor Liquid Filled Capsules was acquired by Depomed, Inc. from Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals, Inc., the revenue of the latter was approximately $19 million as within the twelve months from Jun 2011 to May 2012.
In March 2012, the company filed a patent infringement lawsuit against three companies that had filed Abbreviated New Drug Applications with the US FDA, claiming infringement of Depomed's six US patents listed for Gralise in the FDA's Orange Book.
- "DEPO Profile – Depomed, Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- "Depomed Inc". Retrieved Jan 29, 2014.
- "Depomed Inc: NASDAQ:DEPO quotes & news - Google Finance". google.com. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
- "Depomed - Investor Relations - Press Release". investor.depomedinc.com. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
- "Depomed Inc (DEPO.O) Company Profile | Reuters.com". reuters.com. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
- "Depomed Announces Acquisition Of Zipsor® (diclofenac potassium) From Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals, Inc. -- MENLO PARK, Calif., June 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --". prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
- "Depomed Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Gralise(R) ANDA Filers".