|Traded as||NASDAQ: DEPO|
|Revenue||US$342.7 million (2015)|
|US$-50.4 million (2015)|
|US$-75.7 million (2015)|
|Total assets||US$1.3 billion (2015)|
|Total equity||US$315 million (2015)|
Number of employees
|494 (December 2015)|
Depomed, Inc. is an American specialty pharmaceutical company which mainly markets products for treatment in neurology, pain and diseases of the central nervous system. Depomed was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Newark, California. The company is a publicly traded company on NASDAQ under the symbol "DEPO", with several products approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Nucynta ER, Nucynta IR
On January 15, 2015, Depomed announced the acquisition of the Nucynta franchise from Janssen Pharmaceutica for US$1,050,000,000 in cash. The transaction closed on April 2, 2015, and the products are scheduled to be relaunched in June 2015 after a major salesforce expansion.
In January 2011, Gralise once-daily (gabapentin extended release) was approved by the US FDA for the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia. The drug has also received Orphan Drug designation from the FDA.
For diabetes and others
In June 2012, all rights to Zipsor Liquid Filled Capsules was acquired by Depomed from Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals, revenue generated by Zipsor was approximately US$19,000,000 as within the twelve months from Jun 2011 to May 2012.
In March 2012, the company filed a patent infringement lawsuit against three companies that had filed Abbreviated New Drug Applications with the US FDA, claiming infringement of Depomed's six US patents listed for Gralise in the FDA's Orange Book.
- "DEPO Income Statement". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- "Depomed Inc: NASDAQ:DEPO quotes & news". Google Finance. Retrieved Jan 29, 2014.
- "DEPO Profile | Depomed, Inc. Stock". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved Jan 2, 2016.
- "Depomed Announces US Food and Drug Administration Approval of GRALISE(TM) (gabapentin) Once-Daily Tablets for Treatment of Post-Herpetic Neuralgia" (Press release). Depomed. Jan 28, 2011. Retrieved Feb 5, 2014.
- "Depomed Inc (DEPO.O) Company Profile". Reuters. Retrieved Feb 5, 2014.
- "Depomed Announces Acquisition Of Zipsor® (diclofenac potassium) From Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals, Inc." (Press release). Depomed. Jun 21, 2012. Retrieved Feb 5, 2014 – via PRNewswire.
- "Depomed Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Gralise(R) ANDA Filers" (Press release). Depomed. Mar 5, 2012. Retrieved Jan 2, 2016 – via Globe Newswire (NASDAQ).