|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||April 16, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Rockford, Illinois|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||180 lb (82 kg)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Derek Dimke (born April 16, 1990) is an American football placekicker who is currently a free agent. Dimke played college football at the University of Illinois, where he broke several school records. He was signed by the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent in 2012.
Dimke attended Boylan Catholic High School in Rockford, Illinois. He was selected second-team All-State by the Chicago Tribune and was also a special mention All-State selection by the Champaign News-Gazette. He set an Illinois high school record when he kicked a 54 yard field goal during the playoffs his senior year.
Dimke was a 4-year letterman at the University of Illinois. During his college career, he made 39 of 46 field goals for a field goal percentage of 84.7%. He also went 89 for 89 on extra point attempts, for a combined field goal and extra point percentage of 94.8%. He is the most accurate kicker in Illinois school history. He holds several other school records including most points scored in a season by a kicker, most field goals in a season, most field goals in a bowl game, and most touchbacks in a single game. In his junior season, He was a semifinalist of the Lou Groza Award. He led the Big Ten in both field goals per game and touchbacks. He was selected to Phil Steele's first-team All-Big Ten team following the conclusion of his Junior season. He was selected to the Second Team All-Big Ten by the coaches. He also was an Honorable Mention All-Big Ten selection by the media. He was also named to the Big Ten All Bowl Team for his performance in the Texas Bowl. In his Senior season, he was selected to the Lou Groza Award Preseason Watch List. During his senior year, he also was an Honorable Mention All-Big Ten selection by coaches & media. He was an Academic All-Big Ten honoree in 2009, 2010, and 2011. He was named Big Ten Special Teams Player of the Week three times (11/30/09), (10/11/10), and (9/26/11) while at Illinois. Dimke graduated with a degree in finance in 2012.
On April 30, 2012, Dimke signed with the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent. He went 2 for 2 on field goals during the preseason while battling Jason Hanson for the starting role. On August 27, 2012, He was released.
New York Jets
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Dimke was signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on June 4, 2013. During his time there he went 6 for 7 on field goals while battling Lawrence Tynes and Rian Lindell for the starting role. He was later cut on August 31, 2013.
New Orleans Saints
Dimke was signed by the New Orleans Saints to a futures contract on January 2, 2014. Dimke went 4 for 4 with a long of 49 yards. Dimke along with kicker Shayne Graham were released as part of the final roster cuts on August 30, 2014.
He was released on May 11, 2015.
- "Illinois Fighting Illini Profile". fightingillini.com.
- "Chicago Tribune Names Derek Dimke to All-State 2nd Team". wifr.com. Retrieved November 30, 2007.
- "Big Ten Announces 2010 Football All-Conference Teams and Individual Honors". bigten.org.
- "Seven Illini Named to Phil Steele's All-Big Ten Teams". fightingillini.com. Retrieved December 2, 2010.
- "Dimke Makes All-Big Ten Team". mystateline.com. Retrieved November 30, 2010.
- "Lou Groza Award preseason watch list". sportingnews.com. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- "Ex-Boylan standout Derek Dimke on Lou Groza Award list". rrstar.com. Retrieved July 8, 2011.
- "Ex-Boylan standout Derek Dimke on Lou Groza Award list". bigten.org. Retrieved July 8, 2011.
- "Detroit Lions sign seven more undrafted free agents, including Wayne State's Troy Burrell". mlive.com. Retrieved April 30, 2012.
- "Hanson will be Lions kicker in 2012 with expected release of Derek Dimke". detroitlions.com. Retrieved August 27, 2012.
- Orr, Conor (11 April 2013). "Jets sign free agent K Derek Dimke". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 15 April 2013. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- Jets Staff (12 May 2013). "4 Tryouts Signed, 3 Undrafted FAs Released". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 12 May 2013. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "Bucs Add Kicker Dimke, Waive TE Landi". Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 4 June 2013. Archived from the original on 4 June 2013. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "New Orleans Saints preach balance against Philadelphia Eagles: notebook". The Times-Picayune. 2 January 2014. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- New Orleans Saints trim roster to 53-player limit www.neworleanssaints.com, Retrieved August 30, 2014.
- Jaguars make roster moves, sign three players to reserve/future contracts www.firstcoastnews.com, Retrieved January 7, 2015
- "Jaguars make roster moves". Jacksonville Jaguars. May 11, 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-11.