Dermott Ó Seachnasaigh
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sir Dermott Ó Seachnasaigh, Chief of the Name, died 1673.
Ó Seachnasaigh was married to Joan, daughter of Lord Barrymore and had sons Roger and Cormac. A copy of his will survives.
- D'Alton, John, Illustrations, Historical and Genealogical, of King James's Irish Army List (1689). Dublin: 1st edition (single volume), 1855. pp. 328–32.
- History of Galway, James Hardiman, 1820
- Tabular pedigrees of O'Shaughnessy of Gort (1543–1783), Martin J. Blake, Journal of the Galway Archaeological and Historical Society, vi (1909–10), p. 64; vii (1911–12), p. 53.
- John O'Donovan. The Genealogies, Tribes, and Customs of Hy-Fiachrach. Dublin: Irish Archaeological Society. 1844. Pedigree of O'Shaughnessy: pp. 372–91.
- Old Galway, Professor Mary Donovan O'Sullivan, 1942
- Galway: Town and Gown, edited Moran et al., 1984
- Galway: History and Society, 1996
Roger Gilla Dubh Ó Seachnasaigh
|Lord of Cenél Áeda na hEchtge