Coordinates: Desertcreat is a parish and a townland in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland. The civil parish of Desertcreat is in the eastern part of County Tyrone in the barony Dungannon Upper, immediately south of the parish of Derryloran, which contains the town of Cookstown, and immediately north of the parish of Pomeroy. The parish has a Church of Ireland Church in the townland of Desertcreat (OS ref:H813733).
It contains the following townlands: Allen, Annaghananam, Annaghmore, Annaghquin, Annaghteige, Annahavil, Ballymully Glebe, Ballynacroy, Ballynakilly, Bardahessiagh, Cady, Carnenny, Cross Glebe, Derrygortanea, Derryhash, Derryraghan, Desertcreat, Donaghrisk, Downs, Drumballyhugh, Drummillard, Drumraw, Edendoit, Finvey, Galcussagh, Gortacar (Doris), Gortacar (Glassy), Gortagowan, Gortavale, Gortavilly, Gortfad, Gortfad Glebe, Gortindarragh, Grange, Killycolp, Killygarvan, Killyneedan, Kiltyclay, Kiltyclogher, Knockavaddy, Lammy, Legacurry, Lime Hill, Lisnanane, Low Cross, Moneygaragh, Morree, Moymore, Moynagh, Mullaghshantullagh, Mullynure, Oughterard, Pomeroy, Rockdale, Sessiagh (Lindesay), Sessiagh (Scott), Shivey, Skenahergny, Skenarget, Tirnaskea, Tirnaskea (Bayly), Tolvin and Tullaghoge.
- "Parish of Desertcreat, County Tyrone". Ulster Ancestors. Retrieved 2007-12-01.
- "Parish of Desertcreat". Public Records Office NI. Archived from the original on 2007-10-30. Retrieved 2007-12-01.
- "Civil Parish of Desertcreat". McGough Miscellanea. Retrieved 2007-12-01.
- "Desertcreat CI". History from Headstones. Retrieved 2007-12-01.
- "Townlands of County Tyrone". IreAtlas Townland Database. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Census of Ireland 1851". Enhanced Parliamentary Papers on Ireland. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Census of Ireland 1891". Enhanced Parliamentary Papers on Ireland. Retrieved 27 December 2012.