Design School Kolding
Design School Kolding (Danish: Designskolen Kolding) is a design school located in Kolding, Denmark. It delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the areas of fashion, textiles, communication design, industrial design, accessory design, and design for play (design for play is offered only as an MA programme). It was founded in 1967, and received university status in 2010.
Design School Kolding was founded in 1967 as Kolding School of Arts & Crafts with a focus on textile and advertising design. The school expanded into further subjects over the years. In 2010, the school was awarded university status as a design and research institution. It is part of Cumulus (International Association of Universities and Colleges of Art, Design and Media). The school was listed by Domus Magazine as among the 50 best European design schools in 2014. It is among the global design schools that participate in H&M Design Award.
The school offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, including PhD programmes in the areas of fashion, textiles, accessory design, communication design, industrial design and design for play (design for play is offered only as an MA programme). It also offers an MA in design management in conjunction with University of Southern Denmark.
- "100 Best Architecture and Design Schools in Europe 2014". Domus. December 2013. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- Dickson, Thomas (2008). Dansk Design. Murdoch Books. p. 193.
- "Design university and research institution". designskolen kolding. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Design School Kolding". Cumulus. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Designskolen Kolding". H&M. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- "Kolding School of Design". Study in Denmark. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- Trine Ross. "Porcelænsfigurer viser de mindre pæne sider af os selv". Politiken: Kultur