He also directed the drama sequences in the 2005 series Auschwitz: The Nazis and the 'Final Solution', wrote, directed and produced the 2006 drama documentary The Somme - From Defeat to Victory, and produced the 2006 series Nuremberg: Nazis on Trial, produced the 2011 docudrama Atlantis: End of a World, Birth of a Legend.
In his latest programme, the 2014 BBC Two documentary, I Was There: The Great War Interviews, Siebert used interviews with eyewitnesses of the First World War filmed by the BBC in the 1960s. Most of the interview material in the film had never been shown  and the film garnered critical acclaim.
- 1994 Dichter, Tod, und Teufel: Salman Rushdie co-producer/director
- 1997 The Nazis: A Warning from History assistant producer
- 1999 War of the Century assistant producer
- 2001 Timewatch: Bombing Germany producer, director & writer
- 2001 Timewatch: Himmler, Hitler, and the End of the Reich producer, director & writer
- 2005 Auschwitz: The Nazis and the 'Final Solution' drama director
- 2006 The Somme - From Defeat to Victory producer, director & writer
- 2006 Nuremberg: Nazis on Trial series producer
- 2007 Visions of the Future series producer
- 2009 How the Celts Saved Britain executive producer
- 2011 Atlantis: End of a World, Birth of a Legend producer
- 2014 I Was There: The Great War Interviews
- "Detlef Siebert". imdb.com. Retrieved January 9, 2010.
- "A German redraws the lines of the Somme". The Times. London. July 2, 2006.
|This biographical article related to BBC Television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|