Dev Son of Mudde Gowda
|Dev Son of Mudde Gowda|
|Directed by||Indrajith Lankesh|
|Produced by||Shilpa Ramesh|
|Written by||Indrajith Lankesh|
|Music by||Jassie Gift
Dharma Vish(background score)
|Cinematography||Santosh Rai Pathaje|
Dev S/O Mudde Gowda is a 2012 Kannada romantic comedy film loosely inspired by the Bollywood film Wake Up Sid. It stars Diganth and Charmee Kaur in the lead roles. Ananth Nag plays a prominent supporting role while the model-turned-actress Nathalia Kaur makes a special appearance. The film is directed and written by Indrajith Lankesh. Jassie Gift is the music director Dharma Vish has scored the background music and 2 songs which can be seen only in the movie. Shilpa Ramesh is the producer of the film. Award winning cinematographer Santosh Rai Pathaje is associated with this film as the camera man. The film is opening across cinema halls on 6 April 2012.
- Diganth as Dev
- Charmee Kaur as Kavya
- Nathalia Kaur
- Ananth Nag as Mudde Gowda
- Sudha Belawadi
- Raju Thalikote
- Tabla Nani
- Swayamvara Chandru
- Indrajith Lankesh as Deepu (Special Appearance)
Karnataka Vokkaligara Okkoota alleged that the title of the film ‘Dev, Son of Mudde Gowda’ is defaming the Vokkaliga community and former Prime Minister H.D. Deve Gowda. Further the association went on to say that "it is a deliberate humiliation to the community and its staple food ‘ragi ball’ (Mudde)." They also alleged that some posters of the movie were derogatory.
|1.||"Dil Se"||Kaviraj||Javed Ali|
|2.||"Hosa Hosa Kanasu"||Kaviraj||Lucky Ali|
|3.||"Jalaja"||Kaviraj||Kailash Kher, Vijaya Shankar|
|4.||"Gira Gira"||Kaviraj||Akanksha Badami|
|5.||"Appu Hey Appu"||Kaviraj||Chaitra H. G., Chetan Sosca|
The film was released on 6 April 2012 in India. The film received mostly mixed reviews from the critics and audience alike.
- IBN Live rated the film and commented as "A fun-filled popcorn film" and further added "As usual the film has less story, more style of and glitz that entertain the audiences." 
- DNA India reviewed the film with ratings and summed up as "There are many sequences in this film that remind us of Hindi films we’ve all adored — like the stark similarities to Wake Up Sid. However, Dev S/O Muddegowda has its fair share of glamour, entertainment, comedy and loads of sentiment and that makes it a worthwhile watch".
- "Masters review". IBN Live.com.
- "Masters review". DNA India.com.