|Born||January 9, 1911|
Beaumont, Texas, U.S.
|Died||November 24, 1980 (aged 69)|
|Occupation||Actor; radio announcer|
Dick Haynes (January 9, 1911 – November 24, 1980) was an American actor. He had minor roles in films and television that began with an uncredited appearance as a reporter in the 1954 MGM film, Tennessee Champ. His final role was as "Grandpa" in the 1980 film Getting Wasted, shortly before his death from cancer.
His most significant roles were three guest star appearances on television shows during the 1960s, starting with portraying Phillips in "Incident at Pawnee Gun," a 1962 episode of Frontier Circus; as Sheriff in "Four Alarm Wing Ding," a 1966 episode of The Rounders; and as Colonel Tim in "Howard, the Comedian," a 1967 episode from the 7th season of The Andy Griffith Show. He also was on the radio program Haynes at the Reins.
In addition to acting in films and television as a supporting actor or an extra, Haynes also had a career on the radio. He began at Los Angeles' KLAC in 1945, and remained there until 1958, while simultaneously working various television jobs at KTLA. After he left KLAC, he spent a year at KXLA in the nearby city of Pasadena. He returned to KLAC the following year, and hosted the morning drive-time (5:30–10am) slot for the next five years before he moved to Sacramento and helped launch its popular country music station, KRAK. By 1966, he went back to southern California, and worked as the morning man at KFOX Long Beach, and then returned to KLAC, which had switched to country music, from 1971 until shortly before his death in 1980.
- Make Believe Ballroom (1949) - Announcer (uncredited)
- The Red Badge of Courage (1951) - Confederate Soldier (uncredited)
- Washington Story (1952) - Photographer (uncredited)
- Tennessee Champ (1954) - Reporter (uncredited)
- The Fuzzy Pink Nightgown (1957) - Disc Jockey
- Don't Give Up the Ship (1959) - Captain of the USS 'Kornblatt' (uncredited)
- Last Train from Gun Hill (1959) - Townsmen (uncredited)
- The Phantom Planet (1961) - Col. Lansfield
- The Silent Witness (1962)
- A Time to Sing (1968) - Master of Ceremonies
- Support Your Local Sheriff! (1969) - Bartender
- Support Your Local Gunfighter (1971) - Bartender
- Baker's Hawk (1976) - 2nd Man
- Bad Georgia Road (1977) - C.B. Man
- Getting Wasted (1980) - Grandpa (final film role)
- "KFOX AM 1280". www.socalradiohistory.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-11-17. Retrieved 2016-09-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Dick Haynes HWOF, latimes.com; accessed November 14, 2015.
- Inc, Nielsen Business Media (17 October 1970). "Billboard". Nielsen Business Media, Inc. – via Google Books.
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1910s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States biographical article related to radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|