Dietrich von Müller
|Dietrich von Müller|
Dietrich von Müller
|Born||16 September 1891|
|Died||3 January 1961(aged 69)|
|Allegiance|| German Empire
|Years of service||1910–45|
|Commands held||16th Panzer Division|
World War II
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords|
Dietrich von Müller (16 September 1891 – 3 January 1961) was a German general during World War II. Just before the end of World War II he was promoted to Generalleutnant and awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords.
On 19 April 1945 he was taken prisoner by members of 1st Czechoslovak Partisan Brigade of Jan Žižka and handed over to the Red Army. Convicted as a war criminal in the Soviet Union, he was held until the winter of 1955.
- Iron Cross (1914) 1st Class (2 October 1914) & 2nd Class (19 August 1916)
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 1st Class (19 September 1939) & 2nd Class (31 October 1939)
- German Cross in Gold o 21 February 1942 as Oberstleutnant in Schützen-Regiment 5
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Mentioned in the Wehrmachtbericht
- Thomas 1998, p. 102.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 322.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 555.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall. ISBN 978-3-931533-45-8.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Militaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2300-9.
Generalmajor Hans-Ulrich Back
|Commander of 16. Panzer-Division
14 August 1944 – March 1945
Oberst Theodor Kretschmer