Digital do MaiN
|Headquarters||Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan|
|Yasunori Mochida (Chairman)|
Kazuhiko Nishi (President)
Tamotsu Kajiwara (CEO)
|Products||Power and Compact Amplifiers|
Super Audio CD
Digital do MaiN (Japanese: デジタルドメイン株式会社 Dezitaru do MēiN Kabushiki Gaisha) is a Japanese audio engineering company headquartered in Chiyoda, Tokyo, Japan, which mission is design, development, manufacturing and sales of high-quality innovative audio equipment for individual users and small groups. Company's management and R&D employees are concerned about development of new technologies to improve quality of sound and music listeners' satisfaction. Company name emphasises symbiosis of analog and digital technologies (implemented, for example, in volume control subsystem); picture on its logo symbolizes input pin jack (left square), output pin jack (right square) and innovative signal processing unit in between.
Digital do MaiN's power amplifiers use V-FET technology transistors. Initially developed by Nippon Gakki Seizo K.K. in the 1970s (US Patent 4,216,038), technology was improved, and 2SK77B transistor had been released. As V-FET devices are no longer manufactured, Digital do MaiN builds them itself. Original design and usage of 2SK77B V-FET transistor give amplifiers characteristics similar to vacuum tube devices and Triode class A amplifiers which feature very high quality of output sound and cancellation of most of the even distortion harmonics, and allow noise distortion to be less than 0.005% and no loss of original harmonics. Digital do MaiN also uses technologies and complementary products from its partners: MSB Technology's (USA) DACs, Cabasse (France) loudspeakers, Denon (Japan) waveform reproduction technology.
- Japanese Audio Excellence Award 2009, Separate Digital Players category (D-1a D/A converter) and Main Amplifiers category (B-1a power amplifier)
- "Company" (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "Concept" (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- Nishizawa, Jun-ichi; Mochida, Yasunori; Nonaka, Terumoto; Hotta, Tadahiko; Yamashita, Shin (1977-06-11). "US Patent 4,216,038". Nippon Gakki Seizo Kabushiki Gaisha. Google. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- Kennedy, Jason (2009-11-03). "Digital do MaiN B-1a review". Techradar.com. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "西和彦氏創立のデジタルドメイン、SIT搭載アンプなど新製品を発表" [Digital do MaiN founder Mr. Kazuhiko Nishi introduces SIT amplifier, new products and features] (in Japanese). Phile-web. 2008-02-22. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "Digital do MaiN 製品情報 DCアンプ" [Digital do MaiN product information - DC amplifier] (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- Linnman (October 2008). "6moons audio reviews: Roadtour Digital do MaiN". 6moons.com. Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "Digital do MaiN 製品情報 DA コンバーター" [Digital do MaiN product information - DA converter] (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "Digital do MaiN 製品情報 SACDトランスポート" [Digital do MaiN - Super Audio CD] (in Japanese). Retrieved 2019-01-14.
- "オーディオ銘機賞 2009 - Audio Excellence Award 2009". Phile-web. Retrieved 2019-01-14.