Digitalis Purpurea (band)
|Genres||Industrial, Black Metal, Noise, Industrial Metal, Industrial Rock, Electro Industrial, Electronica, Glam Rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, Audio Engineer, Electronic Music Producer, songwriter, Sound Designer, DJ|
|Instruments||Vocals, bass, guitar, computer, Sequencer, Synthesizer|
|Labels||Danse Macabre, Aural Music, Dreamcell11, Subalpina Industry|
|Members||Cristian Pi Greco|
Cristian Pi Greco (born 3 November 1982), known by his stage name DIGITALIS PURPUREA, is an Italian songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, sound designer and audio engineer based in Turin, Italy. His musical creations are a mixture of Industrial, Giallo, Conceptual Noise, Glam Rock, Darkwave and Black Metal soundscapes. He is signed to Danse Macabre Records and Aural Music. He worldwide released four full-length albums including "30-hole and Fred Perry" which reached the TOP-10 spot on the DAC - Deutsche Alternative Charts and he played in major international festivals and clubs such as WAVE GOTIK TREFFEN, SLIMELIGHT UK and DARK MUNICH FESTIVAL. Musically involved in notable productions and unconventional collaborations, he worked with top-artists, producers and engineers such as Ted Jensen, Danny Saber, Matthew Setzer (Skinny Puppy, London After Midnight), Das Ich/Bruno Kramm, Madaski, Fabri Fibra, Tying Tiffany and many others. In 2014 his photo shoot titled “Planet of the Velvet Samurai” has been published in the key American fashion journal "Dark Beauty Magazine" (www.darkbeautymag.com). He founded his production company "Subalpina Industry" focusing on Broadcast and Music Productions. In 2016 He worldwide released the EP "Pastel Dissonances" in digital format. Its first single "The Mesmeric Lights Of Vegas" is also a videoclip and credits Cristian as its creative director, producer and protagonist.
- 2003 – Pi Squad – Demo Cd, Crypto Records
- 2004 – 19 Celebrations in 19 Mutilations – EP Crypto Records
- 2008 – Aseptic White – Full-length, "Dreamcell_11/Aural Music"
- 2010 – Emotional Decompression Chamber – Full-length, "Dreamcell_11/Aural Music"
- 2012 – 30-hole and Fred Perry – EP, "Danse Macabre Records (Germany)"
- 2014 – Palindrome Shapes of Mold – Full-length, "Danse Macabre Records (Germany)"
- 2016 - Pastel Dissonances - EP, "Subalpina Industry"
Contributions and remixes
- 2005 – IBM (Italian Body Music) Vol.2
- 2007 – Gears of Industry (split cd)
- 2010 – Fuck 'em All Vol.7
- 2011 – The Bizarre Remixes (split cd w/No Forgiveness)
- 2012 – Sonic Seducer _ Cold Hands Seduction Vol.130
- 2013 – Dunkle Frequenzen Vol.01
- 2013 – Die Antwoord vs Digitalis Purpurea _Dis Iz Why I'm Hot (BitBabol Mixxx)
- 2013 – Helalyn Flowers _White Me in Black Me Out [REMIX / Alfa Matrix]
- 2013 – TheDubSync P.O.T. feat Fabri Fibra [REMIX / Elastica Records]
- 2015 – Face The Beat: Session 3 [Side-Line Magazine]
- 2016 – Zvuková Vlna XII
- Darkentries – Review
- Metal Italia – Review
- PowerMetal.de – Review
- (Italian) Metallus – Review
- Aristocrazia Webzine – Review
- Gnuch, Kym. "Digitalis Purpurea: 30-Hole And Fred Perry". Sonic Seducer (in German). Archived from the original on December 25, 2013.
- Side-Line – Review
- Danse Macabre Rec – Article
- Heymann, Peter (2014). "Digitalis Purpurea – 'Palindrome Shapes Of Mold'". Sonic Seducer. No. 9.
- Gootti – Review
- Intravenous Magazine – Review
- Gothic World – Review
- Intravenous Magazine – Review
- Italian Body Music – IBM – Compilations
- Cold Hands Seduction Vol.130 – Sonic Seducer compilation
- Dunkle Frequenzen Vol.01 – Gothic World compilation
- White Me In Black Me Out – CD BOX – Alfa Matrix label store
-  – VLNA Magazine / Istituto Italiano di Cultura Bratislava