(Redirected from Dilatation)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up dilation, dilatation, dilate, or dilates in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dilation (or dilatation) may refer to: In mathematics, the term "center of dilation" refers to a constant point on a surface from which all other points are either enlarged or compressed.
Physiology or medicine
- Dilation, according to the ICD-10-PCS, is the expanding of an orifice or the lumen of a tubular body part. The orifice can be a natural orifice or an artificially created orifice. This is accomplished by stretching a tubular body part using intraluminal pressure or by cutting part of the orifice or wall of the tubular body part. Examples would include percutaneous transluminal angioplasty or pyloromyotomy.
- Cervical dilation, the widening of the cervix in childbirth, miscarriage etc.
- Coronary dilation, or coronary reflex
- Dilation and curettage, the opening of the cervix and surgical removal of the contents of the uterus
- Dilation and evacuation, the dilation of the cervix and evacuation of the contents of the uterus
- Esophageal dilatation, a procedure for widening a narrowed esophagus
- Pupillary dilation, dilation of the pupil of the eye
- Vasodilation, the widening of luminal diameter in blood vessels
- Dilation (affine geometry), an affine transformation
- Dilation (metric space), a function from a metric space into itself
- Dilation (operator theory), a dilation of an operator on a Hilbert space
- Dilation (morphology), an operation in mathematical morphology
- Scaling (geometry), including:
Chemistry and physics
- Thermal expansion of crystalline triglycerides is referred to as dilation
- Scale invariance, a feature of objects or laws that do not change if length scales (or energy scales) are multiplied by a common factor
- Time dilation, the observation that another's clock is ticking at a slower rate as measured by one's own clock
- Dilate (Bardo Pond album)
- Dilate (Ani DiFranco album)
- Dilate (musical project), ambient solo project of Vampire Rodents keyboardist Victor Wulf
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dilation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.