Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dioxin may refer to:
- Dioxins and dioxin-like compounds, a diverse range of chemical compounds which are known to exhibit “dioxin-like” toxicity
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzodioxin (TCDD), the prototypical example of the above class, often referred to simply as "dioxin"
In chemistry, a dioxin is one of two unsaturated heterocyclic 6-membered rings where two carbon atoms have been replaced by oxygen atoms, giving the formula C4H4O2:
- Agent orange, of which TCDD is a marginal component
- Dioxin affair, a 1999 crisis in Belgium
- Seveso disaster, a 1976 crisis in Italy
- Dioxane, the saturated analog
| set index page lists chemical compounds articles associated with the same name.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.