Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up dissonance or dissonances in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dissonance has several meanings related to conflict or incongruity:
- Cognitive dissonance is a state of mental conflict.
- Cultural dissonance is an uncomfortable sense experienced by people in the midst of change in their cultural environment.
- Consonance and dissonance in music are properties of an interval or chord (the quality of a discord)
- Dissonance in poetry is the deliberate avoidance of assonance, i.e. patterns of repeated vowel sounds. Dissonance in poetry is similar to cacophony and the opposite of euphony.
- Dissonance (album), a 2009 album by Enuff Z'Nuff.
- Dissonance (film), a 2015 film.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dissonance.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.