|Industry||Software, Enterprise Content Management, Document management, Accounts Payable|
|Tom Franceski, President
Gregg Laird, Executive VP Product Development
Jeff Frankel, Executive VP of Business Development
|Products||docSTAR eclipse Smart AP Automation
docSTAR eclipse Rebound
Number of employees
|Slogan||Content Management... Simply Better|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Founded in 1996, docSTAR is a software company that provides enterprise content management solutions, document management system software and Accounts Payable Automation solutions, available on-premises or as a cloud hosted service in the SaaS model. Features include document control, records management, document imaging, intelligent data capture, invoice processing, workflow and business process automation. docSTAR software integrates with third party business applications.
docSTAR is headquartered in Schenectady, New York and is the primary document management solution to over 8,000 organizations across North America and the UK. docSTAR serves all industries including Manufacturing, Food and Beverage Distribution, Legal, Insurance, Healthcare, State and Municipal Government, Real Estate, Retail and Financial Services. docSTAR was named ‘Best Channel Vendor 2013’ in the ECM Software category by Business Solutions magazine.
docSTAR is a division of Astria Solutions Group, LLC. Astria Solutions Group was formed in 2007 by Tom Franceski, Jeff Frankel and Gregg Laird, who acquired docSTAR in June 2007 from AuthentiDate Holding Corp.
docSTAR was formerly known as BitWise Designs Inc. and was founded in 1985 by Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute students John Botti and Ira Whitman. In 1992, BitWise began public trading under the stock symbol BTWS. In 1994 the document imaging division of BitWise was founded as docSTAR. In 1998 and 1999, the docSTAR division of Bitwise was recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the nation’s fastest growing companies. In April 2000, docSTAR unveiled its first turnkey system, docSTAR SE. docSTAR SE provided innovation in the document imaging/management field by allowing simultaneous access to over 100 users at a time per system.
In March 2001, BitWise designs officially changed its name to AuthentiDate Holding Corporation and began trading under the NASDAQ symbol ADAT. AuthentiDate was the first company to gain official USPS Electronic Postmark (EPM) and docSTAR was the first document management platform to integrate the EPM technology. At present, Authentidate remains the official EPM provider to the United States Postal Service. In 2005 AuthentiDate moved its headquarters from Schenectady, NY to Berkley Heights, NJ. The docSTAR division remained in Schenectady.
docSTAR currently operates in cooperation with over 100 partner resellers who cover approximately 80% of the document imaging markets in the United States.
docSTAR eclipse is enterprise content management software available as a cloud-based service or on-premises. eclipse does not require specialized hardware and there is minimal up-front capital investment. docSTAR eclipse allows access from any Internet-enabled device through a number of supported browsers.
- Accounting and ERP Software Integration
- Intelligent Data Capture recognition with automatic 2 & 3-way matching and routing
- Electronic invoice approval with supporting documentation
- Retrieve, view, print and email documents from any computer
docSTAR 3thirteen was launched on August 8, 2013. New features include: Customizable Views in the Inbox, Retrieve, & Browse Windows; OCR "On Demand"; Expanded Native File Support; Live DataLink; Customizable Workflow Approval Requests and Embedded Direct-Document WebWorks Link.
Software Integrations (Abridged):
- AMS 360 Inhouse
- AMS 360 Online
- ESRI ArcGIS Server 10
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Dynamics AX, GP, NAV, SL
- Microsoft Office
- Sage Group MAS 90/200/500 ERP
- Sagitta & Sagitta Online (AMS Web Services)
- TAM Online
- Document Management Software
- Enterprise Content Management
- Business Process Automation
- Document Imaging
- Records Management
- "BITWISE DESIGNS, INC. UNVEILS DOCSTAR IMAGING SYSTEM", Enterprise Magazine, April 2000
- "BitWise begins trading under new name, ticker symbol", The Business Review, March 28, 2001
-  USPS Electronic Postmark Homepage
- "Authentidate executives buy last pieces of original company", The Business Review, June 11, 2007
- "Best Channel Vendors 2013". Business Solutions. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- purchased docSTAR from AuthentiDate on June 6th, 2007
- Inc. Magazine as one of the nation’s fastest growing companies