|Full name||David Murray|
|Born||10 August 1972|
|Height||143 cm (4 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||83 kg (13 st 1 lb)|
As of 8 December 2008
New Zealand career
Murray started his rugby league career playing for the Ellerslie Eagles club in the Auckland Rugby League competition. Between 1993 and 1994 he was an Auckland representative (playing 5 games and scoring 2 tries and 4 goals) and was a Kiwi trialist in 1993. In 1994 he played for the Auckland City Vulcans in the Lion Red Cup before signing with the Auckland Warriors.
Murray made his debut in the then Optus Cup for the Auckland Warriors in 1996, starting at Fullback. It was the only first grade appearance he was to make for the side that year. He toured Papua New Guinea with the New Zealand Māori.
In 1997 he moved to England, signing a two-year contract with the prestigious Wigan Warriors. However he did not find a place in the first grade side and late in the season he was loaned to the Warrington Wolves. Murray then spent 1998 loaned to the Lancashire Lynx club in the second division. During this time, he also had some trials with rugby union club, the London Wasps.
- Richard Becht. A New Breed Rising: The Warriors Winfield Cup Challenge. Auckland, HarperCollins, 1994. ISBN 1-86950-154-3. p.182
- Lion Red Rugby League Annual 1994, New Zealand Rugby Football League, 1994. p.115
- John Coffey, Bernie Wood (2008). 100 years: Māori rugby league, 1908–2008. Huia Publishers. p. 292. ISBN 978-1-86969-331-2.
- Doc Murray moves to Warrington, The Independent, 13 August 1997
- Lnyx's unlikely lads make it two out of two The Independent, 12 October 1998
- Super powers of league: Guide to the top division's 12 teams from the Bulls to the Warriors The Independent, 2 April 1998
- Acton man to make debut for Broncos The Independent, 27 February 1998
- Jessup, Peter (8 March 2001). "Rugby League: Bears' migration adds some bite to clash". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 28 September 2011.
- Teams Otumoetai Eels Rugby League Club
- Doc Murray Wigan Career Page on Cherry and White, the Wigan RL Fansite.