Domenico Lombardi is Director of the Global Economy program at the Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI), a non-partisan global governance think tank in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. He is also Chair of the Oxford Institute for Economic Policy. Until 2013 he was a Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution.
Dr. Lombardi is a former executive board member of the World Bank Group (2005–2007) and of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) (2001–2005). Prior to that, he was an economist in the Bank of Italy’s Research Department (1996 to 1999).
Dr. Lombardi serves as a Board Director for New Rules for Global Finance and sits on the advisory boards of the Bretton Woods Committee, the G20 Research Group, the G8 Research Group, and the Istituto Affari Internazionali.
His research focuses on international monetary relations, the global economy, and G-20 and G-8 summits. His articles have been published in academic journals including the Review of International Political Economy, the Review of International Organizations, the World Economics Journal and IMF Staff Papers.
In 2009, he co-edited the volume Finance, Development, and the IMF for Oxford University Press.
- Lombardi's bio at CIGI
- Lombardi's bio at the Oxford Institute for Economic Policy website
- Lombardi's expert page at the Brookings Institution Archived 2010-12-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- New Rules for Global Finance official website
- Bretton Woods Committee official website
- G20 Research Group official website
- G8 Research Group official website
- Istituto Affari Internazionali official website Archived 2010-08-09 at the Wayback Machine.
- Review of International Political Economy
- Review of International Organizations
- World Economics Journal
- Dr. Lombardi's IMF Staff Papers
- Oxford University Press link to Finance, Development, and the IMF
- Report on the Civil Society (Fourth Pillar) Consultations with the International Monetary Fund on Reform of IMF Governance
- IMF official presentation of the paper
- Universita' Bocconi official website
- Nuffield College official website