||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Domingo Pilarte Sr.|
|Born||Domingo Damian Pilarte
February 23, 1941
Santiago, Dominican Republic
|Died||November 15, 2009(aged 68)|
Domingo Damian Pilarte (born February 23, 1941 in the Dominican Republic) was a Christian evangelist who held mass crusades during the 1960s - 1980s. He traveled to more than 80 countries preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Many of the claimed miracles that occurred during his crusades have been documented in books, magazines and newspapers.[which?] These miracles included healings of the crippled, blind, deaf, mute, and terminally ill.
Domingo Pilarte was born in the Dominican Republic on February 23, 1941. He began preaching shortly after a near death experience where he lost his brother during a boating trip. He explains how God spoke to him and rescued him that day after nearly drowning, he documented this experience in his book titled My Calling.
Pilarte, at the age of 17, began preaching a simple message of salvation through Jesus Christ. It wasn't long before his ministry grew and he began preaching in stadiums around the world. He traveled to many countries including Venezuela, Panama, Costa Rica, Colombia, Africa, Japan, Trinidad & Tobago, and the US. There were many claims of miracles witnessed during his crusades.
Domingo Pilarte Sr. died on November 15, 2009. He is succeeded by his 5 children, Jimmy Pilarte, Josie Pilarte, Debbie Pilarte, and Ruth Pilarte. His ministry is succeeded by his son Domingo Pilarte Jr. He also has a grandson named Domingo Pilarte who is a professional MMA fighter (DomingoPilartemma.com).
- West, Charlene H. (March 11, 2008). Life Is a Great Adventure: Discovering Truth in the Journey of Life. Tate Publishing & Enterprises.
- "Mute since birth speaks in the Nuevo Circo because of the power of God!". Ultimas Noticias. Caracas, Venezuela. November 28, 1981. p. 17.
- Piedra, Jose (February 20, 1978). "Milagros Curaciones logradas a base de fe". La Republica. El Zapote, Panama. p. 18.
- Campbell, Jim (August 11, 1980). "God's Visitation in Anchorage.". Anchorage daily news. Anchorage, Alaska. p. B3.
- "God's Visitation in Bayamon". El Mensajero. Bayamon, Puerto Rico. April 7, 1980. p. 12.
- Hanna, Rosemary (October 31, 1980). "No English, but he's here to Preach". Challenge Weekly (New Zealand's National Christian Newspaper). New Zealand. p. 3.
- "Miracle in the park". The Advocate. January 20, 1968.
- Dr. Clifton L. Holland, director of PROLADES (23 June 2003). "Toward a Classification System of Religious Groups in the Americas" (PDF). Retrieved 2015-11-09.
- West, C.H. (2008). Life Is a Great Adventure: Discovering Truth in the Journey of Life. Tate Publishing & Enterprises. p. 177. ISBN 9781604621648. Retrieved 2015-11-09.
- http://www.prolades.com/cra/docs/holland/old_files/costarica.pdf[permanent dead link]