Doop and the Inside Outlaws
|Doop and the Inside Outlaws|
Don "Doop" Duprie performs with his band Doop and the Inside Outlaws in Detroit November 25, 2011.
|Origin||Detroit, Michigan, United States|
|Genres||Alternative country, roots rock|
|Members||Don "Doop" Duprie
Doop and the Inside Outlaws is an alternative country, roots rock band from the Detroit, MI area.
Don "Doop" Duprie is a singer-songwriter and front man for the band that he formed in 2007. A laid off firefighter born and raised in industrial River Rouge, Michigan, Doop writes songs that reflect his deep working class roots. He teamed up with legendary Detroit producer Jim Diamond at Ghetto Recorders to record the band's three albums. Current members of the band include Pete Ballard on the pedal steel guitar, Katie Grace on bass and Danny Kanka on drums.
- Blood River, released July 2007
- Everett Belcher, released August 2009
- What am I supposed to do?, released October 2011
Doop has garnered multiple Detroit Music Awards nominations for Country Artist, Songwriter, Vocalist and for the first two albums. The band won the 2010 Detroit Music Awards ‘Outstanding Country Recording’ award for “Everett Belcher.”
Doop was a featured guest interview on the American Public Media radio show The Story with Dick Gordon and the award-winning podcast Digivegas.com. The albums made the Top Ten Lists in Metro Times and Americana Roots.com, and acquired many favorable reviews from music magazines and websites across the globe. His songs were also featured on the 1 rated Americana podcast, “Americana Roots Roundtable” on No Depression.com and Country Music Pride’s podcast Americana Daily named “Everett Belcher” the “Album of the Day.”
- Holdship, Bill. "Music: Working man's blues". Metro Times. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- "Doop & the Inside Outlaws celebrate new CD | Detroit Free Press". freep.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- Eric Allen, Real Detroit Weekly (2010-11-24). "Doop and the Inside Outlaws". Whitedoggdetroit.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.[permanent dead link]
- "Doop & The Inside Outlaws". AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-10-30.