Jump to navigation Jump to search
A doorman, also known as doorkeeper, is someone who is posted at, and often guards, a door, or by extension another entrance (specific similar terms exist, e.g. Gatekeeper, Hall porter). Specific uses include:
- Doorman (profession)
- Bouncer (doorman), mainly security
- Usher, often ceremonial
- Ostiary, ecclesiastical minor order
- Doorkeeper (Houses of Parliament), badged officer of the United Kingdom Houses of Parliament
- Doorkeeper of the United States House of Representatives
- The Doorman (El Portero), a novel by Reinaldo Arenas
- Doorman (comics), a Marvel Comics fictional superhero
Film and TV
- The Doorman (1950 film), a 1950 film starring Cantinflas
- The Doorman (2005 film), a 2005 film starring Dominique Vandenberg
- The Doorman (2007 film), a 2007 film directed by Peter Bogdanovich
- "The Doorman" (Seinfeld)
- Dead as a Doorman, a 1986 film starring Bradley Whitford
- "Doorman" (song), a rock song by Stereophonics from the 2005 album Language. Sex. Violence. Other?
- Karel Doorman, Dutch Rear Admiral who died in 1942 during the Battle of the Java Sea
- SS Doorman, a Second World War Dutch merchant ship
- Doorman (Kunduz), a village in Kunduz Province in Afghanistan
- Chancellor, originally posted at a door post
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Doorman.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.