Down by the Riverside (film)
|Down by the Riverside|
|Directed by||Brad Davison|
|Produced by||Joe Hitchcock|
|Written by||Brad Davison|
|Music by||Jeremy Mayall|
|Edited by||Brad Davison|
|Distributed by||Vendetta Films|
The film relates a mystery story of multiple murders over a period of 20 years. It begins in the early twentieth century when several pregnant girls meet in a country house for unwed mothers where they have been sent to give birth and have their children adopted. The girls are never seen by outsiders again, and after lengthy investigation, the police file is left unclosed. Nearly twenty years pass and professor Owen Smith (Toby Sharpe) and his assistant Amelia Laird (Rebecca Trelease) return to the house to investigate and document the now mythical murder case. They explore the house and quickly discover the secret.
- Rebecca Trelease
- Toby Sharpe
- Maia Wharawhara
- Ross MacLeod
Down by the Riverside went into production in October 2005, and filming began January 2006 in Te Aroha in the Waikato region, New Zealand. There were production problems that prevented completion until July 2007, when the film was picked up for distribution by Siren Visual Entertainment. The film had its New Zealand premiere on 7 November 2007.
- "Down by the Riverside". withoutabox.com. Archived from the original on 18 July 2011. Retrieved 2009-04-20.
- "NZ film-noir horror: Down by the Riverside". thebigidea.co.nz. Retrieved 20 April 2009.
- "Down by the Riverside". terrorfeed.com. Archived from the original on 7 February 2010. Retrieved 20 April 2009.
- "NZ Premier - Down by the Riverside". eventfinder.co.nz. Retrieved 20 April 2009.
- http://bmoviefest.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=28 2007 B Movie Fest nominees
|This article related to a New Zealand film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|