|Original author(s)||Nikil Viswanathan, Joseph Lau|
|Operating system||Android, iOS|
Down To Lunch (also known as DTL) was a social hangout app used by college students around the world to hang out with their friends. The app functions by allowing users to press a button which notifies friends they want to get lunch and friends can reply back and join.
After being adopted by college students around the world, Down To Lunch hit No. 1 in the Apple App Store Social Rankings (#2 App Store Overall Rankings) and was featured in many international media outlets including Forbes and a New York Times cover story on the front page of the business section.
After moving to San Francisco, Viswanathan and Lau said they were "working all the time and missed seeing their friends" so they created Down To Lunch as a solution to that. The app rapidly gained popularity and was used by college students around the world. The application was originally built for the iPhone and an Android version was subsequently released. Down To Lunch spread across colleges and would often be widely used on a campus within a day.
- "Down to Lunch Founders Pursue Less-Traveled Path to App Success". Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "Down for pretty much anything - Campus Times". Campus Times. 2016-02-18. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "College kids are going crazy for an app that helps them spontaneously 'lunch, 'blaze,' or 'chill' with friends, and it just shot up above Facebook in the App Store". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "#DTL -- Your New Favorite App". The Odyssey Online. 2016-02-01. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "'Down to Lunch' on the rise // The Observer". The Observer. 2016-01-21. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "Students across campus are Down to Lunch - The Daily Universe". The Daily Universe. 2016-01-22. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "Joseph Lau, 27, and Nikil Viswanathan, 29". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "This One-Afternoon Project Could Change How You Meet Friends". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- DTL, Team. "The Down To Lunch Story". Down To Lunch. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- DTL, Team. "Download Down To Lunch". Down To Lunch. Retrieved 2019-04-07.