(Redirected from Downbeat (disambiguation))
|Look up downbeat in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Downbeat, down beat or Down Beat may refer to:
- Downbeat, the first beat of a measure in music. This term originated from orchestral conducting, where the lowest point on the baton signals the first beat in a given measure. It is now used widely throughout music to also indicate the beginning of a piece of music.
- Down Beat, an American jazz magazine
- Downtempo or downbeat, a laid-back electronic music style similar to ambient music
- Down Beat is the NATO reporting name of the main surface search radar carried by the Russian/Soviet Tupolev Tu-22M bomber.
- Downbeat, a jazz club in New York City. See: List of jazz venues in the United States.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Note: This page may need to be cleaned up to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. Further information might be found on the talk page. Tools: DabFix