|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, Multiplayer (2 players)|
Downtown Run, known in North America as City Racer, is 2003 racing game made by Ubisoft and it was released for PlayStation 2, PC, GameCube, and mobile phones. The game features many different cars, game modes and tracks. In most game modes, you can collect power-ups to maximise your chance of winning or slow down opponents.
All of these modes are also available in multi-player except Championship and Bet Race.
- Quick Race: Basic game mode. Classic race with all the options.
- Count Down: Reach checkpoints in a certain time limit.
- Championship: Play through all the tracks in a set order. This is the only game mode you can unlock tracks in.
- Time Attack: Get the best time possible on a track.
- Last Man Standing: Win the race by having the least damage possible.
- Chase: Play as the hunter (police car) or hunted (chosen car). Try not to get busted.
- Sudden Death: Drive safely to win on a randomly chosen track and number of laps.
- Bet Race: Initially locked, becomes available once you reach a certain number of prestige points. Race against an opponent to win or lose a large number of prestige points.
The cars do not have visual damage, and you cannot see into them. All the cars have multiple colours to choose from. Only the VW Beetle is initially unlocked; you must earn prestige points to unlock more cars. You can unlock cars in any mode.
- Renault Clio V6
- Audi S3
- Audi TT
- VW Beetle
- Saab 9.3 Convertible
- Peugeot 206 CC
- Peugeot 307
- Peugeot 406 Coupe
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 6
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7
- MG TF XPower 500
- MG ZT XPower 500
- Ford Thunderbird Convertible
- Ford Mustang SVT Coupe
Number of laps can be anywhere from 1-30. You can also choose start position (1-6) and number of opponents (1-5) on many game modes. Initially, only the London tracks are unlocked; you must progress through the Championship mode to unlock tracks. All tracks are also available in reverse.
- London Wrooaring Night.
- London Walk In The Park.
- London Bet.
- Burning Hill of Montreal.
- Montreal's Floor Pedal.
- Kremlin Gates.
- NY Bet on Wheels.
- NY Night Fever.
- Paris Fever.
- Burn, Burn, Paris.
- Rome Rush.
- Rome Night Run.
- Lisbon Seacoast Run.
- Sibiu, Romania
|This racing game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|