In the English language, the meaning of doyen (and the less common doyenne) has extended from the French definition to also refer to any senior member of a group, particularly one whose knowledge or abilities exceed those of other members.
- Charles A. Doyen (1859–1918), American Marine Corps officer
- Gabriel François Doyen (1726–1806), French painter
- Gustave Doyen (1827–1923), French painter
- Louis Doyen, French inventor of Doypack
- Ross Doyen (1926–2014), American farmer, rancher, and state legislator
- Oxford English Dictionary 2nd Ed. 1998
|This page lists people with the surname Doyen. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|