|Initial release||March 2008|
|Operating system||Windows, macOS, Linux|
Dragonframe is stop motion animation software. It has been used to make several full-length motion picture films, including Disney's Frankenweenie and Laika's Coraline, The Boxtrolls, and ParaNorman, as well as the stop motion television show Shaun the Sheep. It has also been used to shoot stop motion scenes in live action movies, including the holochess scene in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and numerous stop motion shorts.
Dragonframe was initially developed by brothers Jamie and Dyami Caliri while they were creating a commercial for United Airlines called "The Dragon". It was later developed into a commercial product, marketed by DZED Systems.
To create basic stop motion animations, the software controls a digital camera. Additional hardware add-ons can be connected for controlling lighting and camera movement. The software allows the user to manipulate the camera and the scene, and then to combine the frames into a sequence of animated frames. Animators can view several individual frames overlaid for comparison, and they can preview sequences of frames overlaid on a moving background.
- "Robot Chicken and Power Glove: a match made in animation heaven". Cult of Mac, by Rob LeFebvre
- "Good Things Come in Small Packages". ICG Magazine, November 8, 2014
- "The 'ParaNorman' Process: Creating the Stop-Motion Comedy with Canon EOS 5Ds". Creative Planet Network, 9/19/2012 By : Sarv Kreindler
- "StarWars Force Awakens Stop Motion". Stop Motion Magazine.
- "Preserving the soul of The Little Prince with multi-layered storytelling". The Globe and Mail, ROBERT EVERETT-GREEN, Mar. 10, 2016
- "Interview: Mark Osborne’s Personal Journey On ‘The Little Prince’". Caratoon Brew, By Ian Failes | 08/05/2016
- Johnny, Chew. "Dragonframe Stop Motion Software Review". about technology. Archived from the original on 11 July 2014. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- Ko Maruyama. "United Airlines' 'Dragon':Jamie Caliri's artistry flies to top spot". After Effects.
- "‘Frozen’ Takes Top Prize at Annie Awards". Variety, February 1, 2014 . Terry Flores
- "Oscar-nominated stop-motion director premieres new film shot with Nikon D810 DSLR". Digital Trends, By Les Shu — December 10, 2014
- "PES Unboxes Nikon D810 Animator’s Kit ". Animation World News. Jennifer Wolfe | Monday, August 11, 2014
- "DP Joe Passarelli on the Stop-Motion Wonders of Anomalisa". Studio Daily, Beth Marchant / Jan 20, 2016
- "Go Brick To The Future With This Fan-Made Video Made With Lego". Tech Times, 21 October 2015, By Charity Johnson
- Sarah Herman (18 November 2014). Brick Flicks: A Comprehensive Guide to Making Your Own Stop-Motion LEGO Movies. Skyhorse Publishing Company, Incorporated. pp. 88–. ISBN 978-1-62914-888-5.
- "The Untold Story Behind The Force Awakens’ Best Easter Egg". Wired, K.M. McFarland, 01.22.2016.