A dream board or vision board is a collage of images, pictures, and affirmations of one's dreams and desires, designed to serve as a source of inspiration and motivation, and to use the law of attraction to attain goals. The usefulness of vision boards has been endorsed by celebrities such as Oprah Winfrey, Steve Harvey, and John Pierre, and demonstrated in practice by Octavia E. Butler.
There is some evidence that vision boards may be counterproductive, since continually fantasizing about success can lead to taking fewer actions to realizing it. Thus, an "action board" is sometimes viewed as a better alternative or accompaniment.
- Rider, Elizabeth (January 12, 2015). "The Reason Vision Boards Work and How to Make One". Huffington Post.
- Rani, Anita. "Oprah & Steve Harvey's Love For Vision Boards (Dreamboards)". DreamItAlive.com.
- Assaraf, John. "The Law of Attraction: How Oprah Used a Vision Board to Envision Barack Obama As President". johnassaraf.com.
- "Create Your Own Poem Using the O Dream Board". Oprah.com.
- "Creating Your Vision Board". SteveHarveyTV.com.
- Cox, Carolyn (24 February 2018). "15 Fascinating Facts About Octavia Butler". Portalist. Open Road Media.
- Collins, Kiara (January 28, 2016). "Octavia Butler's personal journal shows the author literally wrote her life into existence". Blavity.
- Farber, Neil M.D, Ph.D., CLC, CPT (May 23, 2012). "Throw Away Your Vision Board (Vision boards are for dreaming, action boards are for achieving)". The Blame Game. Psychology Today Blogs.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Farber, Neil M.D, Ph.D., CLC, CPT (September 2, 2013). "8 Key Principles to Succeed: Action Boarding Made Simple". The Blame Game. Psychology Today Blogs.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Thompson, Angela (December 28, 2016). "Achieving your Goals: Create a Successful Action Board from Your Vision Board". A Mama's Corner of the World.