|Founded||October 16, 2009|
|Megan Sanicki (Executive Director) |
The Drupal Association is an educational non-profit organization that tasks itself with fostering and supporting the Drupal software project, the community and its growth. Supported by both individual members and organizations, the Association uses its resources, network and funds to constantly engage in new projects and initiatives to help educate people about Drupal and support the growth of the Drupal project.
The Drupal Association does not control or direct code development of Drupal.
The Drupal Association fosters and supports the Drupal software project, the community and its growth by: maintaining the hardware and software infrastructure of Drupal.org and other community sites, empowering the Drupal community, protecting the GPL source code of the Drupal project, organizing and promoting worldwide events (see DrupalCon), and communicating the benefits of Drupal.
The Drupal Association's Executive Director is currently Megan Sanicki. Holly Ross served as the Executive Director from 2013-2016, and was preceded by Jacob Redding (2010-2013)
- 2006 - Drupal VZW is formed as a Brussels non-profit organization, and the "Drupal Association" is announced at DrupalCon Brussels.
- 2008 - DrupalCon, Inc. is incorporated in the United States for facilitating production of North American DrupalCon events.
- 2010 - DrupalCon, Inc. is granted US 501(c)3 non-profit status.
- 2011 - The Drupal VZW Board votes to request that DrupalCon, Inc. assume most responsibilities of the Drupal Association. DrupalCon. Inc. formally assumes the business name "Drupal Association" and begins acting as the legal body to support the worldwide Drupal community.
- 2012 - Broad based elections held for "At Large" Directors to join the board to represent the community.
- 2013 - Holly Ross hired to serve as Executive Director, replacing Jacob Redding.
- 2016 - Megan Sanicki promoted to role of Executive Director.
- Buytaert, Dries. "Megan Sanicki to become Executive Director at the Drupal Association". http://buytaert.net/. Retrieved 11 August 2016. External link in
- "About the Drupal Association". Drupal Association.
- "Association Staff". Drupal Association.
- "History of the Drupal Association". Drupal Association.