Dublin County North (Dáil Éireann constituency)
|Dublin County North|
|Former Dáil Éireann
|County/City council||County Dublin|
Dublin County North was a parliamentary constituency represented in Dáil Éireann, the lower house of the Irish parliament or Oireachtas from 1969 to 1981. The method of election was the single transferable vote form of proportional representation (PR-STV).
The constituency was created under the Electoral (Amendment) Act 1969 for the 1969 general election, electing 4 deputies (Teachtaí Dála, commonly known as TDs). Under the Electoral (Amendment) Act 1974, it was reduced to 3 seats from 1977 onwards. It was abolished by the Electoral (Amendment) Act 1980.
The constituency boundaries were defined as: "The administrative county of Dublin, except the parts thereof which are comprised in the constituency of Dublin County South and in the constituency of Dún Laoghaire and Rathdown and the Baldoyle ward in the county borough of Dublin."
|Teachtaí Dála (TDs) for Dublin County North 1969–1981|
Note: The columns in this table are used only for presentational purposes, and no significance should be attached to the order of columns. For details of the order in which seats were won at each election, see the detailed results of that election.
1977 general election
|1977 general election: Dublin County North|
|Party||Candidate||% 1st Pref||Count 1||Count 2||Count 3||Count 4||Count 5||Count 6||Count 7|
|Fianna Fáil||Ray Burke||33.0||11,794|
|Fine Gael||John Boland||20.6||7,367||7,456||7,575||9,101|
|Fianna Fáil||Joe Fox||10.1||3,618||5,479||5,514||5,578||5,896||5,906||6,870|
|Fianna Fáil||Patricia McGill||12.2||4,340||5,108||5,140||5,230||5,677||5,692||6,571|
|Labour Party||Patrick Murphy||9.5||3,373||3,415||4,334||4,464||5,536||5,684|
|Fine Gael||John Corry||5.0||1,770||1,808||1,866|
|Labour Party||Seán Ryan||3.5||1,260||1,291|
|Electorate: 52,608 Valid: 35,711 Spoilt: 309 (0.9%) Quota: 8,928 Turnout: 36,020 (68.4%)|
1973 general election
|1973 general election: Dublin County North|
|Fianna Fáil||Ray Burke||10,652||24.1||1||1|
|Labour Party||Justin Keating||5,570||12.6||2|
|Fianna Fáil||Seán Walsh||5,381||12.2||3|
|Fine Gael||Mark Clinton||5,730||12.9||4|
|Fine Gael||John Boland||5,263||11.9|
|Aontacht Éireann||Desmond Foley||3,387||7.7|
|Labour Party||Michael Gannon||3,215||7.3|
|Labour Party||Maire Walsh||2,226||5.0|
|Fianna Fáil||Seán Dungan||1,588||3.6|
|Fine Gael||Denis Farrell||1,253||2.8|
|Electorate: ? Valid: 44,265 Quota: 8,854 Turnout:|
1969 general election
|1969 general election: Dublin County North|
|Fianna Fáil||Patrick Burke||8,050||21.8||1||1|
|Fine Gael||Mark Clinton||4,050||11.0||2|
|Fianna Fáil||Desmond Foley||5,231||14.2||3|
|Labour Party||Justin Keating||4,198||11.4||4|
|Fianna Fáil||Seán Walsh||3,335||9.0|
|Labour Party||Michael Gannon||2,900||7.8|
|Fine Gael||John Boland||2,368||6.4|
|Labour Party||Joseph Connolly||2,281||6.2|
|Fine Gael||Éamon Rooney||2,092||5.7|
|Labour Party||Patrick Murphy||1,778||4.8|
|Fine Gael||Anthony Butterley||688||1.9|
|Electorate: ? Valid: 36,971 Quota: 7,395 Turnout:|
- Parliamentary constituencies in the Republic of Ireland
- Politics of the Republic of Ireland
- List of historic Dáil Éireann constituencies
- Elections in the Republic of Ireland
- "Electoral (Amendment) Act, 1969: Schedule (Constituencies)". Irish Statute Book database. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013. Retrieved 31 August 2010.
- Walker, Brian M, ed. (1992). Parliamentary election results in Ireland, 1918–92. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy. ISBN 0-901714-96-8. ISSN 0332-0286.
- "General election 1969: Dublin County North". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 5 March 2009.
- "General election 1973: Dublin County North". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 5 March 2009.
- "General election 1977: Dublin County North". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 5 March 2009.
- The Irish Times, 20 June 1977, p7–10