Dumb, Drunk and Racist
The six-part series examines negative stereotypes about Australians, held by people overseas, particularly in India. Journalist Joe Hildebrand takes four Indians on a road trip around Australia to determine whether Australians really are beer-swilling, stupid, racist bogans or whether they are simply misunderstood. The series is shot on location in India and across Australia and puts the Indian protagonists in the middle of passionate debates and immersive experiences that could change their opinion of Australia forever.
- Gurmeet Singh, an Anchor and Journalist for a Hindi network. He started his career with the National Broadcaster of India (Doordarshan). Then he served in various News Channels catering to Regional Audience.
- Mahima Bhardwaj, Call centre worker
- Amer Singh, third year law student
- Radhika Budhwar advises Indian students where they should study overseas
- "Six-part ABC documentary Dumb, Drunk and Racist with Joe Hildebrand exposes Australian intolerance" Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2016-05-12.
- "Are Australians Really Dumb, Drunk and Racist?" Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2016-05-12.