|League||Swedish Basketball League|
August 24, 1982 |
New Orleans, Louisiana
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Listed weight||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school||John F. Kennedy
(New Orleans, Louisiana)
|NBA draft||2006 / Undrafted|
|2006–2007||Paris Basket Racing|
|2008||Brose Baskets Bamberg|
|2008–2009||Los Angeles D-Fenders|
|2010–2011||Maccabi Rishon LeZion|
|2013||Maccabi Rishon LeZion|
|2014||Bucaneros de La Guaira|
|Career highlights and awards|
Dwayne Mitchell (born August 24, 1982) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for Jämtland Basket of the Swedish Basketball League. He played college basketball for Auburn University and the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
In July 2007, Mitchell joined the Miami Heat for the 2007 NBA Summer League. On November 1, 2007, he was selected by the Iowa Energy with the 13th overall pick in the 2007 NBA D-League draft. On February 22, 2008, he terminated his contract with the Energy. Later that month, he signed with Brose Baskets Bamberg of Germany for the rest of the 2007–08 season.
In July 2008, Mitchell joined the Los Angeles Lakers for the 2008 NBA Summer League. On August 1, 2008, he signed with the Lakers. However, he was later waived by the Lakers on October 8, 2008. On November 1, 2008, he was reacquired by the Iowa Energy. Ten days later, he was traded to the Los Angeles D-Fenders in exchange for Patrick Sanders.
In July 2009, Mitchell joined the Portland Trail Blazers for the 2009 NBA Summer League. On August 29, 2009, he signed with Hapoel Holon of Israel for the 2009–10 season. On April 1, 2010, he was released by Holon after he sustained a knee injury which required surgery.
On July 27, 2013, Mitchell signed with Maccabi Rishon LeZion for the 2013–14 season, returning to the club for a second stint. However, after just two games, he was released by Maccabi on October 22, 2013. On December 14, 2013, he signed with Bucaneros de La Guaira of Venezuela for the 2014 LPB season.
On November 1, 2014, Mitchell was selected by the Westchester Knicks in the sixth round of the 2014 NBA Development League Draft. On November 21, 2014, he was waived by the Knicks after appearing in one game.
- 2007-08 Transactions
- LAKERS SIGN DWAYNE MITCHELL
- LAKERS WAIVE DWAYNE MITCHELL
- Los Angeles Acquires Dwayne Mitchell from Iowa
- Holon signed Dwayne Mitchell
- Dwayne Mitchell released by Hapoel Holon
- Maccabi Rishon LeZion grabs Dwayne Mitchell
- Dwayne Mitchell moves to Ironi Ashkelon
- MBC Mykolaiv signs Dwayne Mitchell
- Maccabi Rishon Le-Zion sign Dwayne Mitchell
- Maccabi Rishon waive Dwayne Mitchell, set to replace Hopkins too
- Bucaneros sign Dwayne Mitchell
- Westchester Knicks take Joseph Bertrand with initial pick
- Westchester Knicks Finalize Inaugural Training Camp Roster
- Westchester Knicks Acquire Lewis Jackson