|Developer(s)||Topcon Positioning Systems, Inc.|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Project management software|
DynaRoad is a project management software for heavy civil engineering projects. It is used for planning the mass haul of an earthworks project, creating a construction schedule, and monitoring the progress of the project.
The program's development started in 1999, when Finnish earthworks contractors, the Construction Economics Lab of Helsinki University of Technology and the DynaRoad company started developing a new project management and earthmoving software. The program has been used in road projects between 3 and 60 km in length, such as the E18 Muurla-Lohja motorway in Finland and the E4 road in Hudiksvall, Sweden.
The software has a Windows graphical user interface and it includes views such as the Gantt chart, resource graph, mass haul diagram, map view, time distance chart and text reports. The time-location method has strengths compared to Gantt charts and traditional scheduling. The map view indicates live tasks at any moment using different colors. For cut and fill operations, a haul plan based on quantities, bulking factors, possible haul routes and production rates can be calculated automatically.
- Topcon Acquires DynaRoad. Construction Equipment, November 2013.
- Mike Woof. Get smart. World Highways, June 2009.
- A method for cutting mass haul costs. World Highways, January/February 2004.
- Dealing with data. World Highways, July 2010.
- Finnish program helps reduce earthmoving costs. World Highways Software Supplement, October 2006.
- Science - and an art. World Highways Software Supplement, December 2007.
- "One million cubic metres moved E18 Muurla–Lohja motorway project on schedule – 995 days until road opening". Tieyhtiö Ykköstie Oy. 23 February 2006. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- "Framtidens infrastruktur" [Future's Infrastructure] (PDF) (in Swedish). NCC Infra. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 September 2010. Retrieved 8 November 2010.
- Söderström, Patrick; Olofsson, Thomas (2007). "Virtual Road Construction - A Conceptual Model". 24th W78 Conference : Bringing ITC knowledge to work. W78 Conference. Maribor, Slovenia: Maribor University Library. pp. 255–261. ISBN 978-961-248-033-2. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- Srdić, Aleksander; Šelih, Jana (October 2010), Metode in tehnike operativnega planiranja gradnje longitudinalnih objektov (PDF) (in Slovenian), archived from the original (PDF) on March 14, 2012, retrieved November 8, 2010
- Software in brief. World Highways, November/December 2009 GIS & Software.
- Finnish expertise. Software for Road Infrastructure, Supplement to World Highways & ITS International, December 2011.
- Aimé, Claude; Auriol, Jean-Claude; et al. (March 2007), Section 1: Design and execution of work (PDF), Design and execution of earthworks, Sétra, pp. 57–62, ISRN: EQ-SETRA--07-ED44--FR+ENG, retrieved 2010-11-11
- Ismail, Amiruddin; Rashid, Khalim A.; Hilo, Wisam J. (2009), "The Use of Project Management Software in Construction Industry", Journal of Applied Sciences, 10, doi:10.3923/jas.2009.1985.1989, ISSN 1812-5654