|Type||Private limited company|
|Industry||Online sampling and data collection|
|Predecessor||Research Now and Survey Sampling International|
|Hal Brierley and Mort Meyerson (co-founders of e-Rewards, Inc) Chris Havemann and Andrew Cooper (co-founders of Research Now)|
|Owner||Court Square Capital Management and HGGC|
Dynata, (formerly Research Now and Survey Sampling International) is a global online market research firm based in Plano, Texas and Shelton, Connecticut.
Initially founded in 1999 in Dallas Texas by Hal Brierley and Mort Meyerson, the company was called E-Rewards, Inc. E-Rewards had grown fast to over 100,000 clients in a just few months, and it was named in 2007 by Inc. magazine as one of America's fastest growing companies.
In December 2009, E-Rewards, Inc. acquired Research Now Plc, which was co-founded by Chris Havemann and Andrew Cooper, and headquartered in London, England. At the time, Research Now was publicly listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market. Through the integration process, the company re-branded globally under one name as Research Now. The company went on to acquire some other smaller businesses including Peanut Labs, Inc. between 2010 and 2015.
In January 2015, private equity firm Court Square acquired Research Now Group Inc. At a similar time, private equity firm HGGC had acquired a majority stake in a rival market research firm, Survey Sampling International (SSI), and in 2017, the two PE firms announced they would be merging the two market research firms. In January 2019, the combined Research Now SSI was renamed to Dynata.
Dynata is used to track online consumers' website history to look for and collect data about their purchasing behavior. The company also composes and proposes surveys to its users to get more accurate and clarified responses from broad-based consumers. With gathered data, the company conducts up-to-date market research to determine the trends occurring around the world. Aside from gathering information on their purchasing behaviors, the company guarantees to protect consumer's unauthorized personal data. Since handheld technology has been developed to become a core part of our society, the company started to look for mobile research tools. The company gives surveys to mobile users to get an idea for the mobile panel's tastes.
Dynata uses standard market research techniques in order to stay within the TCPA regulations. 
- Hunter, Glenn. "5 questions for Hal Brierley". D Magazine Partners.
- Colvin, Geoffrey. "Think About This as You Don Your Tuxedo Mort Meyerson canceled the company Christmas party, but he wasn't a Scrooge. On the contrary, he put the spirit of the season above all". CNN Money.
- Collins, Kendra. "E-Rewards: worth it or walk away?". Points and Pixie Dust.
- "TA Associates Completes $60 Million Minority Investment in e-Rewards".
- "e-Rewards, Inc. Reaches Agreement on the Terms of a Recommended Acquisition of Research Now PLC".
- "e-Rewards Completes Research Now Buy".
- "Research Now predicts turnover to increase five-fold".
- "Peanut Labs Acquired by e-Rewards (renamed Research Now)".
- "Peanut Labs Sells to Research Now, Promises New Survey Offers Efforts on Facebook".
- "Court Square to acquire Research Now".
- "Court Square Buys Research Now From TA Associates, Polaris Partners, Sutter Hill".
- "HGGC acquires majority stake in SSI".
- "Court Square and HGGC to merge market research firm Research Now and SSI".
- "Research Now and SSI Merger Successfully Completed".
- "RESEARCH NOW SSI REBRANDS TO DYNATA".
- Murphy, Leonard. "A Brave New World: Thoughts On The Research Now/Vision Critical Partnership". GreenBook.
- "Research Now".
- Harris, Richard. "Flurry and Research Now Launch New Platform to Measure In-App Advertising Effectiveness". App Developer Magazine.
- Jones, Brittany. "TCPA and Telephone Data Collection for MR - What it Means for You". www.datadecisionsgroup.com. Retrieved 2020-11-30.