|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2012)|
|Headquarters||Ada, Oklahoma, United States|
Number of locations
Flash memory cards
USB flash drives
Hard disk drives
|Revenue||US$ 49.5 million (2007)|
Number of employees
EDGE Tech Corporation, is a US-based manufacturer and supplier of computer memory upgrades, portable external storage and flash devices. Edge Tech is headquartered in Ada, Oklahoma and maintains sales, marketing and eCommerce facilities in Addison, Texas.
Peripheral Outlet was formed in 1986 by 14-year-old, Jeff Thompson, with $2,500 he had saved from a newspaper route in Ada, Oklahoma. Thompson was named Young Entrepreneur of the Year in 1994 by the U.S. Small Business Administration, and profiled in Fortune magazine. Other family members were employed in the business, including brother Ryan Thompson who later founded another company.
By 1996 the company's sales had increased by 650% and was named to the Inc. magazine 500 list of the fastest growing private companies. Peripheral Outlet incorporated and became Peripheral Enhancements Corporation (PECO).
In 1999 PECO obtained ISO 9001 certification.
Peripheral Enhancements Corporation became EDGE Tech Corporation in 2004. It moved to new office space in Ada in 2006. It was named one of the best places to work for small companies in Dallas in 2009.
- Computer - Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) system and motherboard specific memory
- Server - OEM system and motherboard specific memory
- Printer - OEM printer memory.
- Digital Audio Players and Mobile Phones - Mini-Secure Digital, Micro-Secure Digital, MMC
- Flash memory - Secure Digital, Compact Flash, USB Flash Drives, and Solid State Drives
- "Edge Tech". Inc.com Company profile. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- Patricia Sellers, Ann Sample (December 12, 1994). "Don't call me SLACKER! Meet America's top talents under 30. They are unorthodox, rebellious, and a challenge to manage". Fortune. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- Jessica Huseman (September 2, 2011). "Aria: Size is no limit on ideas". Dallas Business Journal. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- "The Inc. 500 Index: A ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in America". Inc. Magazine. October 15, 1996. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- "Peripheral Enhancements Corporation Announces Opening of Dallas Office". News release. Peripheral Enhancements Corporation. August 20, 1998. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- "EDGE Tech relocates within Ada". The Ada News. Ada, Oklahoma. October 23, 2006. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- "Best Places to Work-Small Companies: 61 EDGE Tech Corp". Dallas Business Journal. September 20, 2009. Retrieved October 10, 2011.