Eastern Metropolitan Regional Council
The Eastern Metropolitan Regional Council (EMRC) is a regional local government body in Perth, Western Australia. The EMRC is composed of six member councils - Town of Bassendean, City of Bayswater, City of Belmont, City of Kalamunda, Shire of Mundaring and City of Swan.
EMRC was constituted in November 1993 and while its original function was to provide large scale waste management and disposal services in Perth's eastern region, this was extended to include environmental services and regional development.
In partnership with its six-member councils, EMRC has been working since 2000 to develop a suitable resource recovery solution for Perth's eastern region. This is known as the Resource Recovery Project.
- EMRC – About Us, retrieved 30/10/2014
- Waste Management and Disposal Services
- Perth's Eastern Region
- Environmental Services
- Regional Development
- Eastern metropolitan Regional Council (W.A.). Tourism Development Project (2001), Calendar of events, The Project, retrieved 19 July 2018 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Eastern Metropolitan Regional Council (W.A.) (1993), Annual report, The Council, retrieved 19 July 2018 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Eastern Metropolitan Regional Council (W.A.) (1990), Newsletter, The Council, retrieved 19 July 2018 CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)