|Formerly||TEK Electrical Company|
|David Qian, President of the International Business Unit|
Ecovacs Robotics is a Chinese technology company. It is best known for developing in-home robotic appliances. The company was founded in 1998 by Qian Dongqi and is headquartered in Suzhou, China. According to Global Asia, Ecovacs Robotics had more than 60% of the Chinese market for robots by 2013.
In 1998, Qian Dongqi founded Ecovacs Robotics as an original equipment manufacturer for vacuum cleaners under the name TEK Electrical Company. The company rebranded in late 2006 as an independent manufacturer of robotic devices for home cleaning. By 2007, Ecovacs Robotics had introduced its floor cleaning Deebot series. The product was featured and had a recurring role on Real World: Skeletons in 2015.
From 2012 to 2014, Ecovacs Robotics expanded its operations with offices in the United States, Germany and Japan. The company also introduced products for mobile entertainment and security, air purification and window cleaning. Ecovacs Robotics collaborated and partnered with Marvel Entertainment for limited edition themed Deebots to coincide with the release of Captain America: Civil War.
It produces the DEEBOT, a floor cleaning robot, ATMOBOT, an air purifying robot, and WINBOT, a window cleaning robot. Deebot is a floor cleaning vacuum, which uses smart motion technology that guides the robot which can vacuum and wet mop floors. The Deebot has anti-drop and anti-collision sensors to navigate around objects for cleaning. Winbot is a window cleaning robot which debuted at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. It suctions onto a vertical glass surface and cleans using microfiber pads and a squeegee. Ecovacs featured BENEBOT, a shopping assist robot, at the Consumer Electronics Show. In August 2016, Ecovacs released the UNIBOT, a smart robot with floor cleaning, home monitoring and air-purifying features. In 2021, Ecovacs release the DEEBOT T9+, a robotic vacuum which uses obstacle avoidance technology to avoid objects when cleaning, it also comes complete with an auto-empty station. The DEEBOT T9+ also includes OZMO 2.0 technology which operates a vibrating mop along with an airfresher (scent: wild bluebell).
Ecovacs Robotics sells cordless stick vacuums under the brand Tineco.
- Climent, Maria (21 October 2016). "Hacia la Inteligencia del Sistema: "El humano debe ayudar al robot a decidir"". El Mundo (in Spanish).
- Hezi Jiang (February 3, 2016). "In Las Vegas: 'The Chinese have arrived'". The Washington Post. Retrieved November 21, 2016.
- Zhu Shenshen (May 22, 2016). "Service robots are the latest fad". Shanghai's First Financial Daily.
- "La china Ecovacs lidera el mercado doméstico chino de robots" (in Spanish). Global Asia. 26 January 2013.
- "How an Ecovacs Robot Made an Appearance on MTV". Customer Technology Association. 22 June 2015.
- הופמן, צחי (10 October 2011). "צפו: שאבנו אבק עם רובוטים - וחזרנו עם המלצות". Globes (in Hebrew). גלובס.
- Jiang, Hezi (28 June 2016). "ECOVACS to introduce new maid robots for US". China Daily USA.
- "IT Branding: la fuerza comercial en España y Portugal de Ecovacs y Bissell". Ei Electro Imagen (in Spanish). 10 November 2016.
- Ralph Gardner Jr. (March 17, 2013). "The Joy of Clear Glass". The Wall Street Journal.
- Kwanchai Rungfapaisarn (August 4, 2016). "Ecovacs Robotics aims to clean up in Thai market". National Multimedia.
- Scott Kramer (October 13, 2016). "How to Effortlessly Clean Your Floors". Forbes.
- Diya Sen (April 10, 2016). "Meet Ecovacs' DEEBOT D79, A Vacuum Robot That Empties Its Own Dustbin". Tech Times.
- Hezi Jiang. "Home robot-maker still scans market". China Daily USA.
- Carolyn Forte (June 8, 2013). "Clean Like The Jetsons!". Good Housekeeping.
- Michael S. Lasky (March 19, 2013). "Review: Ecovacs Winbot 7". Wired.
- Loren Grush (January 10, 2015). "CES 2015: Benebot is an ultra-cute robotic shopping assistant". Popular Science.
- "Ecovacs Robotics: New cleaning robot". Vernetzte Welt. August 2, 2016.
- "Tineco Announces Opening of U.S. Office in Seattle". 12 November 2019.
- Mike Kezdi (December 15, 2014). "Ecovacs Robotics' Solar Cleaner Earns CES Award". Solar Builder.
- Jason Koebler (January 7, 2015). "Here's an Autonomous, Solar Panel-Cleaning Robot". Vice Media.