Edgar Cyril Robinson
Edgar Cyril Robinson FRCO (11 May 1877 – 28 January 1953) was an organist and composer based in England.
He was born in Gainsborough on 11 May 1877, the son of George Robinson and Eliza Jane Dyson. His father was organist at Gainsborough Parish Church for some 40 years, a position which his son would succeed him.
He married Evelyn Mary Buckmaster. They had two children:
- Evelyn Mary Joyce Robinson (1911-1990)
- Kartherine Norma Robinson (1914-1984)
He was awarded FRCO in 1899.
- Assistant organist at Lincoln Cathedral 1895 - 1899
- Organist of Gainsborough Parish Church 1899 - 1906
- Organist of All Saints' Church, Wigan 1906 - 1919
- Choir conductor, Liverpool Cathedral
He composed a descant to the Hymn Tune, Miles Lane.
- Sheffield Independent 17 January 1895
- Sheffield Independent 19 July 1899
- Dictionary of Organs and Organists, 1912
|This article on an organist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|