|Born||5 March 1891|
|Died||29 April 1950 (aged 59)|
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)|
Weimar Republic (to 1919)
|Years of service||1910–1919|
|Rank||General der Artillerie|
|Commands held||15. Panzer-Division|
XII. SS Armeekorps
|Battles/wars||World War I|
World War II
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Eduard Crasemann (5 March 1891 – 29 April 1950) was a highly decorated General der Artillerie in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded several divisions. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. General der Artillerie Crasemann was captured by British troops in the Ruhr Pocket. In 1947 he was convicted for war crimes by a British court in Padua, on a charge of complicity with the mass execution of 162 Italian civilians in the Fucecchio Marshes near Florence in 1944. Sentenced to 10 years, he spent the rest of his life in prison.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (13 September 1914)
- 1st Class (15 October 1915)
- Cross of Honor
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (30 September 1939)
- 1st Class (1 June 1940)
- German Cross in Gold (1 November 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Mentioned in the Wehrmachtbericht (24 November 1944)
- Armband Afrika
- Samuel Mitcham, Rommel's Lieutenants: the Men who Served the Desert Fox, p. 121 (2007).
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 132.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 78.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Eduard Crasemann @ Axis Biographical Research
Generalmajor Gustav von Vaerst
| acting commander of 15. Panzer-Division
26 May 1942 – 15 July 1942
Generalmajor Heinz von Randow
Oberst Dr. rer. pol. Dr. jur. Hans Boelsen
| Commander of 26. Panzer-Division
6 July 1944 – 18 July 1944
Oberst Carl Stollbrock