Edward C. Walker (New York)
He was the son of Cyrus Walker (1799–1870) and Anna (Hulette) Walker (1799–1869). He attended the City Collegiate Institute in Oakfield, and Wilson Academy. On January 14, 1861, he married Martha Marsh, and they had two sons. He graduated from Genesee College in 1861. Then he attended Albany Law School, was admitted to the bar in 1862, and practiced in Batavia.
He died on July 18, 1903, at his home in Batavia, after a long illness, and was buried at the Batavia Pioneer Cemetery.
- The New York Red Book compiled by Edgar L. Murlin (published by James B. Lyon, Albany NY, 1897; pg. 403 and 491f)
- Life Sketches of Executive Officers, and Members of the Legislature of the State of New York, Vol. III by H. H. Boone & Theodore P. Cook (1870; pg. 330f)
- Our County and Its People: A Descriptive and Biographical Record of Genesee County, NY edited by Safford E. North (1899; Vol. 2, pg. 367f)
- Ex-State Senator Walker Dead in NYT on July 19, 1903
- Batavia Pioneer Cemetery transcriptions
|New York Assembly|
Henry F. Tarbox
|New York State Assembly
Volney G. Knapp
|New York State Senate|
Timothy E. Ellsworth
|New York State Senate
Greenleaf S. Van Gorder