Early life and education
Academic work and career
The author and editor of several books on Lewis Carroll and Charles Dickens, Guiliano is a founding member and former president of the Lewis Carroll Society of North America, and has been a co-editor of Dickens Studies Annual: Essays on Victorian Fiction since 1977.
In addition, Guiliano served on the Board of Trustees Executive Committee for Commission on Independent Colleges & Universities in New York, the Board of Directors of the Fair Media Council, and the Long Island Regional Advisory Council on Higher Education.
On June 2, 2000, Guiliano replaced Matthew Schure as the president of NYIT. He focused on increasing awareness of the university's brand and improving its global reputation, overhauling its Manhattan campus near Columbus Circle, expanding online and other technology-based programs, and creating NYIT programs abroad. In his inaugural convocation address, Guiliano discussed higher education's "coming of age" in the 21st century, which involves using technology to empower students and faculty worldwide.
In 2012, he was one of the 36 highest-paid presidents of private colleges and universities in the U.S., earning $1.18 million.
He has been awarded two honorary degrees.
In 2012, NYIT’s main Manhattan campus building at 1855 Broadway was renamed the Edward Guiliano Global Center.
- Zezima, Katie (April 15, 2011). "The Global Campus". nytimes.com. New York Times. Retrieved 12 May 2014.
- "Debrief: Edward Guiliano’s NYIT Victory Lap". Innovate LI.
- "Books by Edward Guiliano". Amazon.com.
- "Dr. Edward Guiliano Bio". Alice150.com
- "Dickens Studies Annual". AMSPressInc.com.
- “CICU Announces 2015-16 Board of Trustees Members and Committee Chairs”. The Commission on Independent Colleges & Universities in New York.
- Long Island Regional Advisory Council on Higher Education brochure. Lirache.org.
- “Fair Media Council Announces Board of Directors 2016-17”. Fair Media Council.
- "Institute of Technology Promotes Its Provost". NYTimes.com.
- "The Idea of This University: NYIT Coming of Age in the 21st Century". NYIT.edu.
- "Adelphi, NYIT presidents on top salaries list". Newsday. 2012-12-09. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- "The Future of NYIT". NYIT.edu.
- “NYIT’s president to step down when new leader is found”. Newsday.
- “NYIT hires new president”. The Island Now.
- Burton, Dan (2001). "Medal of Honor Recipients 2001 Ellis Island". Congressional Record (Bound version). 147. US Government Printing Office. pp. 21155–21157. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Edward Guiliano - Biography". Office of the President | NYIT. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- “NYIT Names 1855 Broadway the Edward Guiliano Global Center”. NYIT.edu.
- "Edward Guiliano, Ph.D." The Huffington Post. HuffPost News. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- Lewin, Tamar. "Yale Moves Away From Plans for Link With Abu Dhabi". nytimes.com. New York Times. Retrieved 13 May 2014.