This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Edwina Hayes (born 6 June 1973, in Dublin, Ireland) is an Irish born English singer-songwriter. She grew up in Preston, Lancashire before moving to the East Riding of Yorkshire where she gained her first musical experience playing cover versions.
She released her debut album Out on My Own in 2005. The album was co-produced by singer-songwriter Clive Gregson and featured Dr. Hook singer Dennis Locorriere on two tracks. Her single Eyes of a Stranger received regular plays on BBC Radio 2 courtesy of broadcaster Michael Parkinson.
Hayes released her second solo album, Pour Me a Drink in February 2008. Released on a small independent label it was a much simpler recording than her debut, most tracks just featuring her voice and guitar. The title track was later recorded by Nanci Griffith.
Her third solo album Good Things Happen Over Coffee was released in 2011.
In late 2006 she teamed up with fellow singer-songwriters Amy Wadge and Rosalie Deighton under the name of Hummingbird. They toured together and recorded an album, They Don’t Make Mirrors Like They Used To for release in early 2007. Before the album's release Deighton left to concentrate on her solo career and was replaced by Cathy Burton. This change in line up delayed the album's release, now to be called Tougher Than Love release was put back until August. The new line up's touring schedule included an appearance at the 2007 Glastonbury Festival, playing the Acoustic Stage on the final day of the festival.
Hummingbird is currently on hold due to the pregnancy of other band members,
- 2004-02-28: Out On My Own, Radar, RADAR005CD
- 2007-06-25: Tougher Than Love (As Hummingbird), Flying Sparks Records, TDBCDA70
- 2007: The School Building - A Cool Compilation Of Songs For Kids From Donating Artists Round The World, Lympsham Pre-School, TSB1 (1 track "Froggie Went A Courtin'")
- 2008-02-22: Pour Me A Drink, Twirly Music, TWIRL01CD (Originally released in a jewel case, reissued in a digipak)
- 2009: My Sister's Keeper - Music From The Motion Picture, Decca Records, 271 0651 (1 track "Feels Like Home")
- 2011-02-11: Good Things Happen Over Coffee, Twirly Music, TWIRL02CD (Originally released in a jewel case, reissued in a digipak)
- 2014-05-23: Moonbeams Presents ........ Edwina Hayes Abbey Road Live Here Now - Album Recording Live At Driffield Town Hall 23.05.2014 (Recorded, pressed and issued on the evening to members of the audience free of charge. A very limited number were available via EdwinaHayes.com)
- 2017-07-16: The Mile Roses (as The Mile Roses), Tantobie Records, TTRCD116
- "Singer Edwina Hayes on Hollywood film soundtrack". Bridlington Free Press. Retrieved 5 July 2009.