|Birth name||Eilen Jewell|
|Born||April 6, 1979|
Boise, Idaho, United States
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, harmonica|
|Associated acts||The Sacred Shakers|
Eilen Jewell (born April 6, 1979) is an American singer-songwriter from Boise, Idaho. She has released seven albums of music.
Early life and education
Jewell grew up in Boise, Idaho and attended college in Santa Fe, New Mexico. After living in Boston for several years, she returned to Boise in 2015. Her 2015 album, Sundown Over Ghost Town, was largely inspired by her return to Boise.
Jewell began her musical career busking on the streets of Santa Fe while attending college. She then moved to Los Angeles and performed on the streets of Venice Beach. Jewell moved to Massachusetts where she performed at local music clubs.
In December 2005, Jewell recorded a "live demo" album called Nowhere in Time and later recorded the album Boundary County with Jason Beek on percussion, Daniel Kellar on violin, Jerry Glenn Miller on guitars and Johnny Sciascia on upright bass.
- Boundary County (2006)
- Letters From Sinners & Strangers (2007)
- Heartache Boulevard (2007) EP
- The Sacred Shakers (The Sacred Shakers) (2008)
- Sea of Tears (2009)
- Butcher Holler: A Tribute To Loretta Lynn (2010)
- Queen of the Minor Key (2011)
- Live (The Sacred Shakers) (2014)
- Live at The Narrows (2014) 2CD
- Sundown Over Ghost Town (2015)
- Down Hearted Blues (2017)
- Gypsy (2019)
Notes and references
- Amy Atkins (August 29, 2007). "Wide Open Spaces". Boise Weekly. Archived from the original on September 27, 2013. Retrieved August 22, 2011.
- "Music Notes: Eilen Jewell, Darryl Wise and more". Jacksonville.com. May 8, 2009. Retrieved May 16, 2015.
- from an interview on Americana Music Show #247, published May 19, 2015.
- "FAME Review: Eilen Jewell – Boundary Country". Acousticmusic.com. Retrieved May 16, 2015.
- Lankford, Ronnie D. Boundary County at AllMusic
- NPR, September 3, 2007, Eilen Jewell: Songs from 'Sinners and Strangers', David Dye, Retrieved July 2011
- "Pops in the Pines « RTRFM / The Sound Alternative". Rtrfm.com.au. Retrieved May 16, 2015.
- Munro, Stuart (April 27, 2009). "Eilen Jewell, 'Sea of Tears'". The Boston Globe.
- The Sydney Morning Herald (Australia), May 9–10, 2009.[verification needed]
- "Concert review: Eilen Jewell: Singer-songwriter displays history of Traditional American Music". Dispatch. July 9, 2018.
- "New podcast! Joseph Arthur, Arctic Monkeys and more new tunes". Content.usatoday.com. June 2, 2011. Retrieved May 16, 2015.
- Östnäs, Magnus. "Folkscenens nya stjärna i Uppsala". Uppsala Nya Tidning. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- Jewell, Eilen. "Eilen Jewell: Songs from 'Sinners and Strangers' : World Cafe". Npr.org. Retrieved May 16, 2015.
- "What a Night! Eilen Jewell and the Cannondolls Rocked the Strater Theatre". KSUT. February 17, 2018.
- "Gypsy by Eilen Jewell". Apple Music. Retrieved August 15, 2019.