Eisenstein on Disney
Eisenstein on Disney is a 1986 book edited by film critic Jay Leyda that collects and reprints the various literature that Sergei Eisenstein produced about Walt Disney. Eisenstein composed the majority of the text in 1941 after his introduction to the Hollywood culture industry. It was published much later than most of Leyda's other seminal works on Eisenstein and it presents a unique side of this highly theoretical Soviet film director who is an outsider to American pop culture.
- Eisenstein, Sergei (4 April 1986). "Eisenstein on Disney". Seagull Books – via Google Books.
- Eisenstein, Sergei; Leyda, Jay; Upchurch, Alan Y (4 April 1986). "Eisenstein on Disney". Seagull Books – via Open WorldCat.
- "On Disney".
- "ON DISNEY by Sergei Eisenstein".
- "Stalin, Walt Disney, Eisenstein, & Ivan the Terrible". Cliomuse.com.
- Academic essay at Moviefail.com
- Another Eisenstein/Disney-related by Jonathan Rosenbaum at Criterion Collection
|This article about a non-fiction book on film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|