|Born||February 22, 1971|
|Genre||Fiction, Non-fiction, Children's literature|
Cooper is the author of the memoir "Falling: A Daughter, a Father, and a Journey Back," and Crawling: A Father's First Year, and the sketchbook A Year in New York.
Children’s books include 8: An Animal Alphabet, Train, Farm, Homer, Beaver Is Lost, Ice Cream, Ballpark, Building, Dance!, Magic Thinks Big, A Good Night Walk, and Beach.
Dance! was a New York Times Ten Best Illustrated winner in 2001. Beach was a Society of Illustrators Gold Medal best illustrated book of the year in 2006. A New York Times Book Review said of Magic Thinks Big, "Elisha Cooper's watercolors, like his sentences, are simple and quiet and essentially perfect." 
He currently lives in New York City with his wife and two daughters.
- (1995) A Year in New York
- (1996) Off the Road: An American Sketchbook
- (1997) Country Fair
- (1998) Ballpark
- (1998) A Day At Yale
- (1999) Building
- (1999) Henry: A Dog's Life
- (2000) California: A Sketchbook
- (2001) Dance!
- (2002) Ice Cream
- (2004) Magic Thinks Big
- (2005) A Good Night Walk
- (2006) Crawling: A Father's First Year
- (2006) Bear Dreams
- (2006) Beach
- (2008) ridiculous/hilarious/terrible/cool: A Year in an American High School
- (2010) Beaver Is Lost
- (2010) Farm
- (2012) Homer
- (2013) Train
- (2015) 8: An Animal Alphabet
- (2016) Falling: A Daughter, a Father, and a Journey Back
- Ferrara, D: "Fat and Happy", The New York Times Book Review, June 27, 2004. Accessed February 28, 2008.