This is an old revision of this page, as edited by 220.127.116.11 at 20:59, 6 April 2008 (Removed website listing/spam for an individual company, Elixir Technologies). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .
|Look up elixir in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
An elixir (From Arabic,الإكسير Al-Ikseer) is a pharmaceutical preparation containing an active ingredient (such as morphine) that is dissolved in a solution that contains some percentage of ethyl alcohol and is designed to be taken orally.
Elixir may also refer to:
- Elixir bhu ,cultural fest organised each year in second half of feb at institute of medical sciences ,bhu,varanasi.
- Elixir (metal band), - A British heavy metal band.
- Elixir of life, also known as the elixir of immortality
- Elixir (band), Goa trance music
- Elixir Studios, a British video game developer
- Elixir (comics), a fictional mutant in the Marvel Universe
- Elixir Strings, for electric, acoustic, and bass guitars as well as banjo and mandolin
- L'elisir d'amore, The Elixir of Love, an opera
- Tincture, in which alcohol is the major solvent and the ingredient is often highly concentrated
- Potion, a drinkable medicine or poison
- Panacea (medicine), mythological remedy that would cure all diseases
- Internal alchemy
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Elixir.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.