Elizabeth Alexander (businesswoman)
Alexander is a Fellow of the Society of Certified Practicing Accountants, a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, and a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors where she was a past national president. Alexander is a past national president of CPA Australia. She served as a non-executive director of CSL Limited for twenty years, including five as chairman; is a non-executive director of Dexus Property Group and Medibank Private; and has previously served on the boards of Boral, Amcor. The first woman in Australia to be appointed as a partner of one of the big eight accounting firms, Alexander specialised in the area of risk management and corporate governance issues, and was responsible for the establishment of these practices within Australia at PricewaterhouseCoopers. Alexander also served on government regulatory bodies including the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority, the Australian Takeovers Panel, and the Australian Financial Reporting Council.
- Lamont, Leonia (12 November 2011). "A lifetime of meditative walking has borne abundant strategic fruit". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Chancellor". University of Melbourne. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- "Directors profiles". Annual Report 2006-2007. CSL Limited.
- "ALEXANDER, Elizabeth Anne". It's an Honour. Australian Government. June 1990.
|Chancellor of the University of Melbourne
2011 – present
- "Elizabeth A. Alexander AM, BComm, FCA, FAICD, FCPA". Executive Profile*. Bloomberg Businessweek.