Ellen Davis (businesswoman)
|Occupation||President of NRF Foundation|
Ellen Davis is executive vice president of industry engagement at the Consumer Brands Association. Previously, she served as president of the NRF Foundation and senior vice president of strategic initiatives at the National Retail Federation.
She coined the phrase "Cyber Monday," now considered the official kickoff of the online holiday shopping season, and has appeared frequently on broadcast news programs including Fox News, CNBC, CNN and ABC News.
Davis was born in Galesburg, Illinois.
She holds a bachelor's degree in communications from Millikin University and holds a master's degree in business administration from the Georgetown University McDonough School of Business.
Davis joined NRF in 2002 as manager of media relations before assuming her current roles. Since becoming president of the NRF Foundation in 2012, Davis launched the annual NRF Foundation Gala, formed the NRF Talent Acquisition Group of human resources executives from retailers, and led the creation of the Foundation's "RISE Up" training and credentialing program.
Awards & honors
In 2007, Davis was named in the "15 to Watch" by PR NewsChannel. Fast Company covered Davis in their "Most Creative People" series in 2015 and Poets&Quants for Executives chose her as one of the "Best and Brightest EMBAs of 2016."
- Segran, Elizabeth (2015-11-30). "How Cyber Monday Was Born". Fast Company. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- Line, Molly (2017-12-19). "'Grinch bots' ruining Christmas for kids asking for high-demand toys". Fox News. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- "Holiday Shopping Sentiment". www.cnbc.com. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- "Georgetown Business Fall 2016". lscpagepro.mydigitalpublication.com. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- Tschorn, Adam (18 November 2007). "Cyber Monday? Not so much". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- Sutter, John D. (29 November 2010). "Why 'Cyber Monday' is mostly myth". CNN. Retrieved 20 May 2015.
- O'Donnell, Jayne (28 November 2011). "Retail sales break records, Cyber Monday up next". USA Today. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- "The Gift That Keeps on". Millikin Magazine - Winter 2019. Retrieved 2019-04-22.
- "Ellen Davis, Grocery Manufacturers Assn: Profile and Biography - Bloomberg Markets". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2020-10-29.
- Schmitt, Jeff (2016-06-10). "2016 Best EMBAs: Ellen Davis, Georgetown University (McDonough)". Poets&Quants for Execs. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- Moin, David (2018-03-12). "Ellen Davis Names NRF Foundation President". WWD. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- "15 to watch previous winners". PR News. Retrieved 2019-01-25.
- Schmitt, Jeff (2016-06-10). "2016 Best EMBAs: Ellen Davis, Georgetown University (McDonough)". Poets&Quants for Execs. Retrieved 2019-01-25.