He was also known as Elliot Workman-Macnaghten.
Macnaghten was the son of Sir Francis Workman-Macnaghten, knt. (later Sir Francis Workman-Macnaghten, 1st Baronet) of Bushmills House (1836), in the county of Antrim. Elliot Macnaghten was brother to Sir William Hay Macnaghten, 1st Baronet (1840) and Sir Edmund Charles Workman-Macnaghten, 2nd Baronet (1836) of Bushmills House.
Elliot Macnaghten was a J.P. He lived at Ovingdean House, Sussex. Macnaghten married 1st Isabella, (who died 1871) only daughter of John Law.
Macnaghten was father of Sir Melville Leslie Macnaghten, Chester Macnaghten, the first Principal of the Rajkumar College, Rajkot where he taught and influenced 170 royals of The Princely Order of Western India.
- "Elliot MacNaghten". The Peerage. 6 December 2011.
- The county families of the United Kingdom; or, Royal manual of the titled and untitled aristocracy of England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland .. (Volume ed.59, yr.1919)
- Dictionary of Indian Biography. Page 266
- The India list and India Office list
- A genealogical and heraldic History of the Commoners of Great ..., Volume 2 
- "Sir Francis Workman-Macnaghten, 1st Bt". The Peerage. 17 July 2012.
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about government in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|