|Look up ellipse in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In mathematics, an ellipse is a geometrical figure.
Ellipse may also refer to:
- Ellipse (figure of speech), a rhetorical suppression of words to give an expression more liveliness
- MacAdam ellipse, a chromaticity diagram
- Elliptic leaf shape
- Superellipse, a geometric figure
As a name, it may also be:
- The Ellipse, the five-furlong (1 km) circumference street within President's Park, just south of the White House, in Washington, D.C.
- Ellipse Programmé, a French animation studio
- Elipse (band), former Yugoslav rock band
- Ellipse (album), a 2009 album by Imogen Heap
- "Ellipse", a song from the album In Silence We Yearn by Oh Hiroshima
- Explorer Ellipse, an American homebuilt aircraft design
- La société Ellipse, a French aircraft manufacturer
- Ellipsis, a punctuation mark
- Eclipse, an astronomical event
- Elliptic function, a type of complex function
- Elliptic geometry, a type of non-Euclidean geometry
- Elliptical trainer, a form of exercise equipment
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ellipse.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.